New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Anybody from the Phils is using Palm Handheld as GPS?...What unit do you have and its capabilities?...Please share your inputs here......anybody can share how to use my T680 as GPS?..thanks

2. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    What Palm PDA or Smartphone do you have?

If it doesn't have a built-in GPS receiver, it should at least have Bluetooth. Then you'll need an external GPS receiver (such as the Garmin Mobile 20 or something equally suitable) that links to your PDA through Bluetooth. You also need Garmin Mobile XT for PalmOS as the routing software as well as a suitable map of your geographic location.

I've had a lot of Palm PDAs in the past decade (Palm Pro, PalmIIIx, PalmVx, Tunsgten|E and PalmTX), and have also dreamed of using it as a GPS. But back then, the cost was very prohibitive. They're still expensive now for something that it does so I suggest you just get a dedicated GPS as they've become more affordable and powerful as of late.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    thanks oj88. mine is a treo680 and already had installed the garmin software but i could not find the mapsource software where i can use/load the philippine map. i really dont know if this unit has the built-in GPS receiver. i also read from the GPS forum here that somebody uses his 700p as GPS, was not able to ask though if he has a separate GPS receiver.

if in any case its much cheaper to buy the dedicated GPS like garmin NUV, than setting up my smartphone; i would just go for it. i am just trying to save some penny that is why i'm going this route...

the cheapest so far that i found on the net for mobile20 is at $70.00 shipping cost not included...

4. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    *oj88,

i just placed an order for garmin mobile20 from amazon...$69.99 + free shipping.
    a colleague will have his vacation on the second week and be back by the end of the month that's make it free shipping! cheers....hope this will work.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000GZCKYS/ref=ox_ya_os_product"]Amazon.com: Garmin Mobile 20 GPS Receiver for Smartphone: Electronics[/ame]

5. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Wow, no hesitation at all. :D

All that's missing now is a map for it. You can go to roadguide.ph for that. http://roadguide.ph/forums/index.php

6. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    it's just i trusted you with your comments!...

but if it won't work,....hmmmmm...:kill:

i will still find you here at tsikot to ask for help!

7. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Not a problem... I'd be glad to help. :grin2:

8. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    anybody who's using the Garmin Mobile 20 here?....

just happened to check at garmin site and the product was already discontinued!....kaya pala $69.99 nalang yung na-order ko!

still hopes that t'will work fine....

9. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Answered your question on the other thread. http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showp...&postcount=528

10. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    noted....

thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
PALM PDA - as GPS