New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 57 of 76 FirstFirst ... 74753545556575859606167 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2010
    Hello, there are GPS navigation system available in the market, one of the store I know is in Banawe Goldcars auto accessories. i already bought one from them and it really works, help me a lot around Metro Manila.

Quote Originally Posted by knights View Post
    Hi!

I just wanted to know if somebody already uses GPS (navigation systems) here in the Philippines? and if there is a shop that sells this one locally..

For the mods.. I am quite new here hopefully this is the right posting area... please move if it is not.. thanks.

This is one devise I am really looking forward on having when I can afford already (and if it is available locally). again thanks.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    just updated my map.. it was a much welcome update!

3. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    may after market na po ba na mga gps at entertainment system dito satin? yung may dvd na din. parang katulad po nung nasa road master edition ng xtrail ngayon.. thanks po..

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by cross16 View Post
    may after market na po ba na mga gps at entertainment system dito satin? yung may dvd na din. parang katulad po nung nasa road master edition ng xtrail ngayon.. thanks po..
    try this website www.autodvdgps.com

5. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    * sir joshII: do you know if may local shop sila dito? online lang kasi sya eh. para may mag-install na din.. thanks po.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by cross16 View Post
    * sir joshII: do you know if may local shop sila dito? online lang kasi sya eh. para may mag-install na din.. thanks po.
    Sir cross16 nag inquire na ako sa qualir, wala daw cla reseller dito sa Pinas, they are encouraging me to become their reseller here. Pero wala ako capital to set up the business. I have stumbled to qualir since i want to replace my stock HU of my aveo sedan, I have tried Caska, & AVT from the casa pero pangit dahil di flushed yung head unit sa panel at wala pa cya system logo ng brand ng car once you turn on the unit. I have read the forums & blogs for qualir that it is easy to install you will still use the stock harness there are adapters included in the unit & instruction manuals on how to install them. Their products are OEM (original equipment manufacturer) they are suppliers units western
    car manufacturers in China. If you ever visit Hongkong you can visit their office in Shenzhen just 1 hour drive north of Hongkong & pick up your ordered units. If you are ordering online pay through western union or pay pal account usually less than 30K yung complete unit kasama na back up camera plus customs taxes na babayaran mo sa mga couriers (fedex, dhl, ems). AVT & Caska is selling like 50K.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    ^ How's the sound quality kaya? Even on high-priced cars, most OEM radios sounds crappy. I think I watched this on 5th Gear or Top Gear, can't remember, where they tested out factory radios from high-end Mercs, Audis, and BMWs, if I remember correctly.

For a 25-30k budget, I'd consider getting a branded 2DIN, instead. But that's just me.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    * sir JossII: girl po ako.. XD anyway.. iniisip ko po kasi yung warranty.. baka ma-void eh.. try ko din po hanap sa iba.. pag wala baka baka yun na lang din po.. magtatanong din ako sa casa regarding the warranty.. thanks po for the help..

9. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshII View Post
    Sir cross16 nag inquire na ako sa qualir, wala daw cla reseller dito sa Pinas, they are encouraging me to become their reseller here. Pero wala ako capital to set up the business. I have stumbled to qualir since i want to replace my stock HU of my aveo sedan, I have tried Caska, & AVT from the casa pero pangit dahil di flushed yung head unit sa panel at wala pa cya system logo ng brand ng car once you turn on the unit. I have read the forums & blogs for qualir that it is easy to install you will still use the stock harness there are adapters included in the unit & instruction manuals on how to install them. Their products are OEM (original equipment manufacturer) they are suppliers units western
    car manufacturers in China. If you ever visit Hongkong you can visit their office in Shenzhen just 1 hour drive north of Hongkong & pick up your ordered units. If you are ordering online pay through western union or pay pal account usually less than 30K yung complete unit kasama na back up camera plus customs taxes na babayaran mo sa mga couriers (fedex, dhl, ems). AVT & Caska is selling like 50K.
    If I were you, for 30K I'd get a locally sourced, branded unit. For several reasons:

1. Local warranty. Remember, the HU is not something you can just easily take out of the dash to send to the seller in case something goes wrong, at least kapag may trouble yung locally sourced unit, dalhin mo lang sa kanila ang kotse sila na bahala mag-alis at mag-reinstall if needed.
    2. Easy pre-purchase research. For branded units, you can easily research about them on the 'net, ask actual owners, read reviews, etc. There's a lot of models you can choose from to fit your budget, and it's quite easy to find one in local installers. For no-names, there's not much info about them on the 'net.
    3. Post-purchase support. Apart from dealer support, most likely, there's an online community (per brand, usually) that would be able to help you with whatever questions you may have with the unit you purchased. With no-name units, you're usually on your own, or you'll just have to trust whatever your dealer/installer tells you (which usually isn't worth squat).
    4. Less purchase hassles. Purchasing online can be a nightmare. I would especially warn you about EMS or USPS, basta anything na babagsak ang package mo sa Phil Post. Kung hindi man makupit yung binili mo, tatagain ka naman ng Customs officer sa tax dun sa post office kapag minamalas ka (lalo kung sa Pasay bagsak ng package mo). In my experience, I pay less taxes kung DHL or FedEx.
    4. Installation. If you source abroad, you would have to take time to install it yourself, or pay an installer. Many installers (the good ones) will not feel good about you bringing in something not bought from them, and so you'll find it difficult to bargain for labor fee.

A note about AVT. I used to have one that came packaged with my car. Mahal talaga yan sa casa. The 50K unit from casa can be had for 20K sa labas, even sa mall (Blade). Maganda naman ang sound quality ng AVT. Ang hindi ko lang gusto sa HU nila ay yung user interface design, medyo one notch lang lamang nila sa mga China brands sa hitsura nung display. Pero there's one advantage, it's the least complicated UI I've ever used on a LCD head unit, kasi konti lang ang features... every basic thing you need is just one tap away. :D

10. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    *sir gwapster: hanap ko po talaga is locally sourced. actually kaya nahihirapan din kasi ako maghanap, gusto ko po kasi yung HU na may DVD at GPS na touchscreen.. usually po kasi nakikita ko lang DVD HU lang or GPS lang.. may alam po ba kayo na shop or store na nagbebenta ng ganyan.. thanks a lot po..