New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ako naman ang magtatanong.

nagpainstall ako last saturday ng backup sensor for my patrol. Magic Mirror yung brand, bale may kasamang rear view mirror na may indicator na at sound. ang problema ko, in some places, ok yung sensor. but in other places, like in our garage, kahit walang obstacle, nagbi-beep sya. ano kayang problema nito?
    Signature

2. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    try nyo maghanap Poron voice distance indicator, oks na oks ito very accurate pa yung voice, what i like about it most is it warns you of 'object in blind area'

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    para sa akin audible indicator is better than the visual led bar graph. why? cause you'd want to keep your eyes on the side view mirrors and rear view mirror, not on the *#$%! bar graph. also it keeps you practiced on looking at the mirrors and not rely completely on the back up sensor. i'm sure all those people in this forum driving cars with back up sensors has experienced the sensors malfunction sometime especially when it rains or when there's mud covering the sensor. pag nawala ka sa practice estimating distances using your mirrors then you're as good as blind.

as for the sensors malfuntioning when it rains, it helps to apply rainX to the sensor. this prevents rain water from sticking on the glass surface of the sensor and thereby providing a wrong reading. subok ko na to, rarely does my back up sensor malfunction, except pag may dust or mud particles that fool the sensor into sensing a wrong measurement.

meron ako nakita dati sa sm na back up sensor, audible type. di ko lang maalala magkano. for the installation, i suggest using the double sided tape for trial-and-error, so you can determine where to place it permanently. then pag alam nyo na where to put it (after several tries and you're satisfied that it is where it gives the best performance) then madali na butasan ang bumper. most bumpers are plastic material already so dali na butasan with a drill.

power supply is from the reverse light, it will not affect the ecu. those people from honda saying it will affect the ecu are bonkers.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    *boybi: tilted o sloped ba yung entrance sa garage mo? baka na-de-detect niya yung floor. Otherwise, baka yung isang wall masyadong malapit sa side, as usually wide angle ang sensor.

And yeah, cleaning and Rain-X on the sensors helps.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by niky
    *boybi: tilted o sloped ba yung entrance sa garage mo? baka na-de-detect niya yung floor. Otherwise, baka yung isang wall masyadong malapit sa side, as usually wide angle ang sensor.
    yes, sloped yung drive way pero pababa naman yung tilt so dapat mas malayo na sya sa sensor. and walang wall sa may driveway.
    Signature

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    hehe... baka bubong? :lol:

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by niky
    hehe... baka bubong? :lol:
    hindi rin, hindi pa ako umaabot dun sa may bubong na part.
    hindi kaya may mumu?
    Signature

8. Join Date
    May 2005
    baka nakapatong sa sensor yung butiki mo .. kamusta na pala yon .. hehe ..

9. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueBimmer
    try nyo maghanap Poron voice distance indicator, oks na oks ito very accurate pa yung voice, what i like about it most is it warns you of 'object in blind area'
    sir BlueBimmer, would you know saan makakabili nito at magkakano kaya?

10. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    We just DIYed our bimmers for this (drilled the bumper strips, exact size drill bit included), we bought the units from Concorde Mega, blue box, forgot the name (Breez yata). We used 4 sensors (P2,000+) at the rear, 2 sensors (P1,000+) in front corner bumpers for tight maneuvering. Medyo tricky in front dahil the sensor wires are not long enough to reach the inside of the car, unlike the rear na directso sa trunck. The display is rather nice - a car is outlined in red (bagay sa bm), it blinks and beeps. This brand has an option pa to plug in a rear camera.
    Last edited by bm5er; November 14th, 2005 at 04:02 PM.

Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
Back-up Sensors