New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

View Poll Results: Are you for or against DRL?

Voters
84. You may not vote on this poll
  • For (Yes)

62 73.81%
  • Against (No)

5 5.95%
  • Neutral/Undecided

17 20.24%
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by dct View Post
    Di ako kumokontra. If the model you bought has one, nice.. Pero kung bibili pa para lang magkaroon, naaah... Sa iba na lang gastusin
    Why not? Basta tama yung bibilhin, may silbi yan.

Quote Originally Posted by Mree View Post
    DRLs were created for a specific reason. Hindi naman yan ilalagay na lang basta kung hindi pinagisipan. Like the rest, I am pro DRL as long as it's something that was built in by the manufacturer. Or maybe go to a shop who truly understand the engineering behind the tech. Meron kasi iba kung ano ano pa nakalagay like may angel eyes na, may mga LED na strip lights pa. Mukha nang disco nung 80s at hindi na for safety reasons.
    I agree. May mga "DRL" aka LED-bars na sobrang lakas. Kahit umaga nakaksilaw.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Just my 2 cents...

My first encounter with DRLs are in the US, (in the early 90s)... matagal na yan.... designed daw for two lane hi-ways... most of the time its on the headlights and same color as head lights (back then, wala pang LEDs)... so medyo all-weather ang color.

My only pet peeve with DRLs is that there is NO standard where it should be placed... For me, it should be inside the headlights... no where else...

I find it aftermarket if its inside the grill, fog lamps, etc... (i know there are some OEMs placed in fog lamps)...

should be headlights location, coz it will be earlier seen from afar from the horizon (unlike places below grill or fog lamps)...

and its shouldnt be glaring... and better if there is a standard color... so that you dont confuse it with anything else

Anyway, just my thoughts... ;-)

3. Join Date
    Oct 2014
    I'm PRO DRL.

It helps you be visible on the road kahit sa Peripheral vision nalang ng mga nasa unahan mo. This is also useful for MC's.

Our chevy trax has one pero hindi LED. parang naka corner light lagi siya. although the light is more powerful compared to corner lights and designed for DRL talaga. kakulay siya ng HL.

Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    OEM? Very yes[emoji12] but kung add ons di na. Di naman foggy dito and you can always use your park lights anytime ( with tail light pa) if you want to be seen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
Are you for or against DRL?