New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    May 2007
    Hi, this is quite a noob question, but anyway, our car has the auto headlight cut-off feature that when you forget to turn off the headlights, it beeps then the headlights go off after you remove the key and open the door. And when you turn the key to the "ON" position, the headlights turn back on since the headlight switch was left on.

Is it okay to utilize this "anti battery drain" feature as DRL?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

2. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    its there to prevent your battery getting drained if you forgot to turn off your head lamps... turning on the headlamps serves as DRL...

why leave the switch ON when you can simply turn it ON when you want to...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    baka naman hindi head ligth kundi park ligth.
    may nakita na akong ganyan.
    sa ford explorer diko alam kung pinakabit lang or original na naka install talaga

4. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    It's really up to you. I think it can but I wouldn't recommend it.

I don't like running my headlights all the time specially at noon when it's hot and your stuck in traffic. I feel that the heat produced by the bulb plus the hot weather here would have a negative effect on the headlight reflector or lens. If you really want DRL its better to buy those LED DRL kits, problem is on some cars it looks a bit off

5. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by yapoy86 View Post
    its there to prevent your battery getting drained if you forgot to turn off your head lamps... turning on the headlamps serves as DRL...

why leave the switch ON when you can simply turn it ON when you want to...
    I wanted sana the "feel" of DRLs; you don't have to turn them on everytime.

6. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by jaypee10 View Post
    baka naman hindi head ligth kundi park ligth.
    may nakita na akong ganyan.
    sa ford explorer diko alam kung pinakabit lang or original na naka install talaga
    Headlights sir, low beam. Kung park lights lang wag na.

Yup standard sa Explorer yung amber parklights/DRL

7. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by glntVR View Post
    It's really up to you. I think it can but I wouldn't recommend it.

I don't like running my headlights all the time specially at noon when it's hot and your stuck in traffic. I feel that the heat produced by the bulb plus the hot weather here would have a negative effect on the headlight reflector or lens. If you really want DRL its better to buy those LED DRL kits, problem is on some cars it looks a bit off
    Hmm, makes sense, that "heat" thing. Thanks, sir!

And yes, I find those aftermarket LED strip DRLs baduy. (No offense, people) Actually I'm getting tired of seeing even Audi and KIA's LED DRLs or any other LED DRLs. Parang masyado nang common.

I prefer DRLs a la USDM; halogen.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by RVRSSG2.0 View Post
    Hmm, makes sense, that "heat" thing. Thanks, sir!

And yes, I find those aftermarket LED strip DRLs baduy. (No offense, people) Actually I'm getting tired of seeing even Audi and KIA's LED DRLs or any other LED DRLs. Parang masyado nang common.

I prefer DRLs a la USDM; halogen.

Ah something like the new CR-V which uses the high beam in low wattage mode as DRLs just like USDM and cars from Canada. btw I think the Explorer doesn't come with DRL, normal park lights lang yun if that's a local unit.

Utilizing the headlights auto cut-off as auto DRL