New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    good day po fellow tsikoters. im planning to upgrade my stock h4 bulb on my ek honda into a higher wattage to improve visibility at night. ask lang po ako kung anong size or no. ng bulb, relay, wire, fuse that im going to get to ensure safety. thanks po

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    The lower, the better. Standard is 55W/60W low/high. You can go with 80/100 at the max but keep them aimed properly. You already know the size (h4/9003) and number (2) of bulbs. Check what gauge rating your standard wires are set to, then get higher ones and reroute them properly.

Note however that no matter how much wattage you increase, cleaning the lenses is probably the easiest and best way to get as much light on the road. Also note that if you have plastic headlamp housings, you can't go too far higher than stock, because you will melt the reflectors if they're plastic, and/or the headlamp lenses if they're also plastic. Don't forget the wiring sockets, the originals are probably plastic too.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Another option is just by buying good H4 bulb eg. Osram Silverstar 50%, Philips VisionPlus 50% and the better Philips Xtreme power 80%. These are in stock wattage so u don't have to upgrade you wires,socket,relay. The % denotes the light improvement over ordinary halogen bulb.Dati un mga 50% nasa +-1000Php/pair.Baka mas mura na ngayon.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by DRIV3R View Post
    Another option is just by buying good H4 bulb eg. Osram Silverstar 50%, Philips VisionPlus 50% and the better Philips Xtreme power 80%. These are in stock wattage so u don't have to upgrade you wires,socket,relay. The % denotes the light improvement over ordinary halogen bulb.Dati un mga 50% nasa +-1000Php/pair.Baka mas mura na ngayon.
    For me, this is the safest route to take (especially if still under warranty). No need to change anything except for the bulbs them selves.

Electrical loading will not change. Stock wattage (same power consumption) but brighter.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    try cleaning first your headlight housing then buy a new set of h4 bulbs. bulbs diminishes its brightness as it grows old. I usually replace bulbs yearly

6. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    that if you have plastic headlamp housings, you can't go too far higher than stock, because you will melt the reflectors if they're plastic, and/or the headlamp lenses if they're also plastic. Don't forget the wiring sockets, the originals are probably plastic too.

THANKS SIR MBEIGE. IM GOING TO CHECK THE HEADLAMP HOUSINGS IF ITS IN PLASTIC TO AVOID MELTING THEM..

*DRIV3R: I'LL CONSIDER YOUR OPTION. THE PRICE THAT IM GOING TO SPEND IS NOT FAR FROM THE PRICE OF PHILIPS OR OSRAM BULB THAT YOU SUGGESTED. THANKS

*MELEDSON: YES I THINK DRIV3R'S SUGGESTION IS THE SAFEST AND EASIEST THING TO DO. THANKS.

*BADSEKKTOR: MY STOCK H4 BULB AND HOUSING IS STILL CRYSTALLY CLEAR. I BOUGHT MY 2ND HAND EK SEDAN WITH A PAIR OF NEW HEADLAMP. I JUST WANT TO IMPROVE ITS VISIBILITY THATS WHY IM PLANNING TO GO ON A HIGHER WATTAGE. THANKS

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    To give you more options you can choose between these leading stock halogens.
    I have an osram silverstar and so contented with it's output, you can compare it with ordinary h4 in terms of light throw but I’m pretty much interested to this new osram night breaker –the couterpart of Philips extreme power. Hope magkaroon na dito nito.

http://www.care4car.com/productdispl...non_bulbs.html

8. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by XTO View Post
    To give you more options you can choose between these leading stock halogens.
    I have an osram silverstar and so contented with it's output, you can compare it with ordinary h4 in terms of light throw but I’m pretty much interested to this new osram night breaker –the couterpart of Philips extreme power. Hope magkaroon na dito nito.

xto, saan kaya nakakabili ng philips saka osram?

9. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by GmZ View Post
    xto, saan kaya nakakabili ng philips saka osram?
    i got my osram silverstar and bosch all season at warren auto along benavidez near cm recto. they're one of the authorized distributor of bosch products and osrams.
    almost majority of car accessories and DIY shops naman when it comes to philips halogens.
    Last edited by XTO; November 29th, 2007 at 10:39 AM.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Osrams are also available at ACE Hardware stores just go to the automotive section.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
upgrading h4 headlight?