New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Hi, I am planning to replace my headlight bulbs since pundi na yung isa. My car is Civic '96 Lxi. May suggestions po ba kayo? Should I upgrade the Headlight with projector and add fog lamps? ang cool kasi ng mga angel/devil eyes. Or upgrade the headlight bulb and the electricals of it for a higher wattage? Or just replace the stock headlight bulbs and be contented?

Should I also get my headlights cleaned for a brighter light? Plan ko po kasi magpatint na windshield ng medium. I have seen some tinting services on headlights too. Is it a nice thing?

Ano nga po pala yung stock headlight bulbs ng civic ek at price niya?

2. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by lloydi12345 View Post
    Hi, I am planning to replace my headlight bulbs since pundi na yung isa. My car is Civic '96 Lxi. May suggestions po ba kayo? Should I upgrade the Headlight with projector and add fog lamps? ang cool kasi ng mga angel/devil eyes. Or upgrade the headlight bulb and the electricals of it for a higher wattage? Or just replace the stock headlight bulbs and be contented?

Should I also get my headlights cleaned for a brighter light? Plan ko po kasi magpatint na windshield ng medium. I have seen some tinting services on headlights too. Is it a nice thing?

The basic answer siguro sa tanong nyo sir is also a question Ano po ang gusto nyo sa car nyo or how would you want your cars headlight to look? Its your ride so yung gusto mo dapat ma susunod hindi yung gusto nang ibang tao.

If medyo tight ang budget, then just replace your busted bulbs with genuine parts and clean the lens of your HL. But pag nag pa dark tint ka then yung stock bulbs IMO will not be sufficient lalo na pag gabi. Just remember if you upgrade to HID na may correct projectors na kasama yun set up mo so as not to blind other motorist.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2010

Bottomless wallet?

4. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    The simplest, cheaper but brighter and whiter solution is an OSRAM Night Breaker Unlimited.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Ay sorry I forgot to mention about my objective. Yung gusto ko lang po sana eh lumiwanag yung daraanan ko lalo na sa gabi at kahit maulan. Wala naman po akong planong pagandahin yung car. Gusto ko lang po iimprove yung functionality niya since pang service lang naman siya. Sa budget po Ayaw ko na sanang gumastos pa ng mahigit P1,000 for the pair of HL.

Nacurious lang ako sa HID Retrofit Projector na uso sa forum na ito kaya po ako napatanong hehehe.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by confused shoes View Post
    The simplest, cheaper but brighter and whiter solution is an OSRAM Night Breaker Unlimited.
    Sir magkano po yan ngayon and san makakabili? Will it work on stock headlight casings? Will it not require upgrade for the electricals? Thanks!

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002

depende yan sa lalim ng bulsa mo bro.
    you can do the upgrade to projector, add fog lights with angel eyes tapos HID.
    while you are at it, you can also convert your new fog lights to HIDs too.
    stock headlight bulbs ng EK is H4. depende yan sa bulb.... it can go as low as 300 pesos per bulb to around 1200 per bulb.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Sir magkano po yan ngayon and san makakabili? Will it work on stock headlight casings? Will it not require upgrade for the electricals? Thanks!
    Your car lamp's stock is an H4 by the way. But you mentioned a 1K budget, I am worried it won't be enough for any of the improvements you mentioned. You should at least double it.

The Night Breaker Unlimited is a direct replacement but 110% brighter and 20% whiter than stock. According to OSRAM.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Ay sorry I forgot to mention about my objective. Yung gusto ko lang po sana eh lumiwanag yung daraanan ko lalo na sa gabi at kahit maulan. Wala naman po akong planong pagandahin yung car. Gusto ko lang po iimprove yung functionality niya since pang service lang naman siya. Sa budget po Ayaw ko na sanang gumastos pa ng mahigit P1,000 for the pair of HL.

Nacurious lang ako sa HID Retrofit Projector na uso sa forum na ito kaya po ako napatanong hehehe.
    tama sila. the best route is via the Osram Nightbreaker. However, I think it costs 1.2k and up. Tapos palinis mo yung headlights mo. I think mga 800 pesos din yun.

another route is to upgrade your headlight wattage to around 100/90. However, you need a relay and new wiring. The wiring can cost around 1,200.00 tapos higher wattage bulbs that can go to around 500 per piece. Tapos papalinis ka pa din ng headlights.

Dagdag pa ng onti sa budget.

Don't buy those japanese packaged bulbs... mas mahina ang buga nun sa stock.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    pakiusap huwag ka mag HID. Kahit na sabihing me low cutoff or what. Kasi pag me kasalubong kang naka HID kahit gaano pa kababa ang cutoff, the light itself blinds you. Yung iba nga sa fog lights nilalagay HID, sobrang baba na nun, pero wala din nakakasilaw pa din. Kasi pag kasalubong mo kita mo pa rin ang ilaw.
    Bawasan mo na lang tint siguro then regular bulbs, for the sake of other drivers.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast