New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Is there a cig. Lighter base that is not less than 20amps? When I checked out car stores they usually have the standard which is 15amps or less. I busted 2 cig. lighter bases just this year because of my water heater (coffee addict ). I hope someone could refer to me a place where I could find these. Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    wala yatang ganyan...its just 20 amp rating. You will have to make your own 20 amp plug, with wires and fuse capable of handling the load of your water heater....baka sunugin mo yung oto mo dahil sa pagiging coffee addict mo.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    I see. well, we've been using the water heater on other cars for years already. It was only on my strada that this problem came up. Oh well, I guess I'll just leave out the water heater. I thought there would be 20 amp cig bases here in the philippines.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    why don't you just tap a new 20 Amp line direct from the battery terminal (equip mo with fuse) and then wire it up a relay switch to a new 20 Amp 12V power plug - you can replace the plugs of your water heater and use the typical 2 prong plug and socket assembly na pang bahay (rated 30 Amp and 220V pa).

Viola you have your new socket just for your water heater.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    O di kaya gumamit ka na lang ng thermos? I don't think it's worth it to keep changing cigarette lighter base.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    rewire mo na lang lighter wirings mo with 30 amp fuse and proper wire thickness....

7. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    thanks guys! I've learned a lot of new ideas! hehe

Cig. Lighter Base