New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I noticed that some cars/SUVs attach an aftermarket rear red rectangular or square foglight on the left lower corner of their rear bumpers. I'd like to know that purpose of it. Is it a supplemental parklight for added safety? Thanks in advance

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hmmm...think I found an answer..

Taken from http://bjoern.brembs.net/content.php?article.30

German inspection requires all 1991 or later cars to have a bright red light in the back of the car to be used in foggy conditions.

So that is what its for :whoa:

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hmmm...nice one wiretap, like playing tennis, alone. :D

the red rear fog is like a daytime running light, it's always on.

OT
    ayos na DSL mo ?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I have one on my pick-up and its connected straight to my park lights now. I plan to rewire it to my front fog lights so that it'll be used only when the fog lights are on (i turn them on when its raining hard or foggy).

5. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    have mine connected to my park lights also.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    plan to get one for my galant. they have OEM rear fog lights in their trunk garnish in europe
    Last edited by ssaloon; June 2nd, 2004 at 10:10 AM.

wiretap: yes rear fog lamps ito. Useful for yes, foggy conditions or heavy rains. Have one on my Trooper and this is most common sa EC. I think Ungas saw how useful this is during our land trip from Calapan to Roxas. Pataas kami ng bundok and suddenly a heavy downpour. Sa lakas nung mist after nung oto kita pa rin yung fog lamps. Of course you have to install this low on the bumper coz kung mataas like what some other guys do nakaka-inis sa traffic coz 22 watts yung bulb nito. Kung sa park light naka tap then you cant turn it off pag sa bumper to bumper trafik. Better yung kay vinj or yun nga mababa installation

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    here's a pic...

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Parang may kilala na akong may ganyan. ;)

If its the aftermarket Bosch lamps, its better to mount them low para walang silaw. Naasar ako sa mga Lancer na dalawang rear fog light (left and right side of the garnish), tapos laging nakabukas.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Pls be courteous enough to turn on your rear foglamps only when the conditions call for it.

Nakakasilaw kasi.

And they are intended to be placed on the driver's side (or center line) of the vehicle only. Not on both sides.

As per wiring specs, they are supposed to be operable only when the front foglamps are on. Front foglamps should only be operable when the parking lamps are on (as per European standards).

Opels, Benzes, BMW, and other European-spec vehicles have rear foglamps built into their rear lamp clusters. Some RAV4's and early local-release Camrys also have an OEM rear foglamp.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Red rear foglight attachment