New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Is der anyway to improve my headlight by replacing the stock bulb with halogen bulb without rewiring?...tnx

2. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Yes it is not necessary to replace the wiring maybe the sockets models 96 and above can handle high voltage H4 Bulbs 90/100 max not more than if more than 90/100 you need the ceramic sockets

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by freelance View Post
    Is der anyway to improve my headlight by replacing the stock bulb with halogen bulb without rewiring?...tnx
    if you're planning to improve your halogen lighting, an upgrade will help you a lot but be sure to include the sockets (into ceramic type)
    Last edited by XTO; February 5th, 2008 at 01:22 PM.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    oks guys...tnx a lot...do any of u have any idea how much will it cost to change my stock lights to halogen lights?

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    In my case, I use the Osram silverstar, it only comes in stock wattage of 55/60W but since it throws 50% more I didn’t have to upgrade my wires and sockets. I also have the Bosch all season 80/85W being used during rainy season.
    A pair of Osram Silverstar costs less than 1K now compared to 500* 2 years ago. Bosch all season is at P400*.

You may seach for other Halogen discussions here for added choices.
    aside from halogens, you may also get some tips on the types based on its effectiveness.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Wheres a good shop to buy these bulbs?Makati or Ortigas area.TIA

7. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    ok bro...tnx for d info......btw, what store can you recommend who sells this halogen lights at a low cost?

8. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    mga sirs... ok po ba yung splitfire or narva na brand? do you have an idea kung how much po yun? thanks

9. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    I would recommend Philips X-treme, 55/60watts din so no need to upgrade the socket and wiring. check this thread: http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showt...79#post1039079

10. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    +1 on Osram Silverstars. I still use stock 60/55W wattage and I have no complaints whatsoever.

I also tried Osram's All-Weather bulbs. They're a little weaker than the Silverstars and give off a distinct yellow-tinged light. Not bad either

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Recommended Halogen Bulbs