New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    I'm currently using Flosser 145/110 bulbs for my 97 Civic for almost 2 years na. I'm planning to install XenonWorx HID until I came across with these Philips Xtreme & Osram Nightbreaker bulbs.

Since the Civic is using a plastic headlamp cover and due to hot luminance of the bulbs, yung plastic cover gradually parang nagiging smoked sya.

Whether I decide to use Xtreme Power or Nightbreaker bulbs, would they still provide good luminance pa rin ba if medyo di na clear ang cover?

In regards dun sa plastic headlamp cover na parang di na masyado clear, is it possible to restore or even nearly restore its clarity by having the headlamps cleaned?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Most used car dealers will clean your headlamps for a fee. They do it all the time on the cars they sell. Look for the 'himas' boys in most used car lots like Autocamp, Axis, Red Central, etc.

If you want professional cleaning, Big Bert's also offers it provided you take your headlamps off the vehicle before sending it to them.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    Most used car dealers will clean your headlamps for a fee. They do it all the time on the cars they sell. Look for the 'himas' boys in most used car lots like Autocamp, Axis, Red Central, etc.

If you want professional cleaning, Big Bert's also offers it provided you take your headlamps off the vehicle before sending it to them.

So, possible pa rin mawala yung darkening nung cover pag nalinis?

Nwy, thanks!

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yup. Nagagawan naman nila ng paraan depending sa type of damage.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Since the TS already has higher wattage bulbs, will switching to Osram's NB give him better illumination than his previous bulb granted he had his headlight cover cleaned?

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    HID on a 97 civic will be dazzling...

seen a lot of them and it is damn blinding....

look at the HID 6000k-up car's light on the road they throw, not the light they throw on your face... compare it with a stock altis light. the altis is more likely to be more clear on the road...

for better visibilty purpose, better off with xtreme or nightbreaker...

for style without blinding other motorist, you have to convert it to projector like these civics...

Last edited by rion; January 13th, 2009 at 02:54 AM.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    since you're currently using high wattage flosser 145/110 watts, very minimimal lang yun difference sa light output/luminance with nightbreaker or Philips XP, considering XP & nightbreaker is 60/55W only.

Just imagine more than 2X wattage but will give the same luminance w/ NB or XP.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    ito sir kakalinis lang kahapon: result: laki ng improvement after cleaning.lumakas ang buga even using stock lamps. gawa ni glen (hanzander)

Before:

">

after: clean and smoked

">
    ">
    ">

9. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    nice ganda sir! how much did the clean and smoked headlights set you back?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    cleaning, smoking (hehe) + service charge = 1300 sulit na sulit

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Regardless of Xtreme Power and/or Nightbreaker bulbs...one question: