New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Question lang... Malaki ba difference ng buga and kulay ng ilaw ng all weather 100/90 vs 130/90 na h4 bulbs?

Napundi kasi yung lowbeam nung isa kong headlight kanina, e medyo mahirap maghanap ng 130/90 na pamalit. I was thinking kung halatang iba ang wattage kapag 100/90 lang pinalit ko.

And kung may alam na rin kayong bilihan ng 130/90 na bulb, preferably around QC, paki post na rin.

Thanks po!

2. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Sir try nyo mo sa sm north or sm frvw. Infinity name ng shop. Nakabili na ako duon dati ng 130/100w na bulb. Meron din sila 170/110 n bulb.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Thanks for the reply, I'll check it out.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Be careful. With wattages that high, you may end up melting your wiring harness.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    and more often than not, they dont produce true wattage figures as claimed on the label. parang sales talk lang. just get a good set of all weather bulbs, upgrade your wires and harnesses, then install a relay. you'd notice a big difference in illumination

6. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Three concerns:

1. Melting wiring harness
    2. Melting plastic reflectors if your car has those instead of metal reflectors
    3. Increased workload for alternator and possible shortened life of alternator and/or battery.

Note: aim them properly so you can prevent glare AND still see optimally (what's the use of increasing wattage if they're pointed in the wrong direction?)....

7. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Thanks for the replies. I've been using Hella 130/90 all weather bulbs for the last few months, wala namang problema. I'm also using a high wattage harness na, with heavy duty fuse. Wala namang problema, napundi lang talaga.

It just doesn't feel right na papalitan ko ng 100/90 kung galing na ko sa 130/90.

question about headlight bulbs