New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by jp923 View Post
    Noob question.. But will hid still give as much glare if the headlight is already smoked? Since everythings blacked out aside for the reflector bowl?

Eg.

http://cdn.sulitstatic.com/images/20...b9843d2a5e.jpg

*pic grabbed

Sent from my SC-01E using Tapatalk
    as mentioned in some of the previous threads here, a properly retrofitted HID system will not have any glare since it has a projector that focus all the lights on the road. also the projector has a cut-off, that means walang glare above the cut-off line. but even if you have a properly retrofitted hid projector, you still have to make a good alignment since hindi lang ang on-coming traffic ang pwedeng masilaw sa hid natin. we also have to consider the car in front of us that is traveling in the same direction sa atin. dapat at about 25ft our cut-off should be below the side mirror of the car in front of us. check this out for comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by poorprince View Post
    thank you for all the replies.. getting a clearer picture here. How much does retrofitting cost (excluding that kit above which i assume includes bulb and ballast?) if you guys dont mind.. thanks
    proper hid retrofit usually starts at around 11k for aftermarket setup and can go up to 26k-30k+ for eom setup. but that still depends on the retrofitter and the add on's your planning to put on your setup.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    here's my morimoto mini h1 with foglights sa highway kagabi. hindi na kailangan mag-high beam kasi anglayo ng bato at the same time walang glare.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by beni23 View Post
    here's my morimoto mini h1 with foglights sa highway kagabi. hindi na kailangan mag-high beam kasi anglayo ng bato at the same time walang glare.

san ka nagpakabit? magkano inabot?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    thank you for all the replies.. getting a clearer picture here. How much does retrofitting cost (excluding that kit above which i assume includes bulb and ballast?) if you guys dont mind.. thanks
    Forget about that kit. A bolt-on Morimoto H1 with 55w including install is probably in the P8.5K and up range. Should take about 2-3 hours.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by jp923 View Post
    Noob question.. But will hid still give as much glare if the headlight is already smoked? Since everythings blacked out aside for the reflector bowl?

Eg.

http://cdn.sulitstatic.com/images/20...b9843d2a5e.jpg

*pic grabbed

Sent from my SC-01E using Tapatalk
    Yes. It will give the same glare because the reflector bowl remains stock, and that's the part that projects the light.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by IMm29 View Post
    Forget about that kit. A bolt-on Morimoto H1 with 55w including install is probably in the P8.5K and up range. Should take about 2-3 hours.
    copy/generic Morimoto Mini H1 ba ito? ung kasi sa TRS nasa $270.00 (Php11654.55), wala pa installation.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by s10pao View Post
    copy/generic Morimoto Mini H1 ba ito? ung kasi sa TRS nasa $270.00 (Php11654.55), wala pa installation.
    Maybe. Not sure. You can check out PDM88 at sulit.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by IMm29 View Post
    Maybe. Not sure. You can check out PDM88 at sulit.
    ah kay PDM88 pala, generic mini H1 lang ata yan.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by s10pao View Post
    ah kay PDM88 pala, generic mini H1 lang ata yan.
    Ok. Performs much better than stock though, so I think it's a good upgrade for the price. Of course, with a bigger budget, you can get better components.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Mine was around 25k and that was 4 years ago. I used FX-R bi-xenon projectors, Philips 81522+ 4300k D2S bulbs, China ballasts with generic harness, and clear headlamps sa Pajero ko since yun stock headlamps ko ay fluted.

Those Morimoto H1 are already good. Alam ko pa lumabas na G3 bolt on projectors which are already good and costs less. Basta never ever install those HIDs dyan sa EK dahil sobra ang glare ng EK headlamps talaga

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast