New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    I've just had my Montero Sport's headlamps replaced by HID xenon bulbs but the aim of light seems not properly aligned. The shop technician where I had my bulbs replaced can't properly set them to its proper aim adjustments.

I already tried DIY at home but unfortunately, I cannot set them to its right settings for already 2 days. Now, I've decided to just look for a shop/technician who can do the job right away.

Can anyone suggest/recommend me to a good shop?

TIA

2. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by rostum View Post
    I've just had my Montero Sport's headlamps replaced by HID xenon bulbs but the aim of light seems not properly aligned. The shop technician where I had my bulbs replaced can't properly set them to its proper aim adjustments.

I already tried DIY at home but unfortunately, I cannot set them to its right settings for already 2 days. Now, I've decided to just look for a shop/technician who can do the job right away.

Can anyone suggest/recommend me to a good shop?

TIA
    L.A cars should be the perfect place for you need.

they offer laser alingment.

go to this site

http://lacaraccessories.com/index.ph...d=42&Itemid=82

HTH.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    just an idea from the net:

TO AIM PROJECTOR HEADLIGHTS:

1. Align your car dead center in your driveway....the front and back of your car need to be perfectly aligned in the center..

2. Pull your car up to the garage door...as close as you can get w/o hitting the door..dead center in the middle of the garage door / driveway.

3. Put a piece of tape where the headlight beams hit the garage door. This should only be smal dot of light...

4. Pull you car back 25'. Your Projector lens should be 25' away from the garage door...not your tires or your bumper...your headlights. DEAD CENTER IN THE DRIVEWAY

5. With tape Place a VERTICAL line that intersects each piece of tape that you put on the garage where your headlight beams hit. Use a yardstick or a straight edge t make it perpendicular to the driveway. This is important for aiming your lights right to left....this is just as important as up and down because if your lights are aimed to far left you will still be shining omcoming traffic in the eyes and if they are aimed too far right your not getting the most out of your light.

6. With tape place a horizontal line along the garage that intersects each piece of tape that you put on the garage where your headlight beams hit. They should oth be the same height off the driveway.

7. With tape place a horizontal line along the garage that is 2.1" lower than the tape you placed on the garage in instruction #6. This line should be parallel with the line in #6...just 2.1" lower.

8. Cover up the passenger side headlight with a thick towel.

9. Turn on your lights

10. Drivers Side UP/Down: Bring the lower step of the cutoff to or below the tape line that is 2.1" lower than your headlights...Dot Spec is 2.1" to 2.5" drop over 25'

11. Drivers Side Right / Left: The Vertical line on the drivers side of the garage should intersect the middle of the slant on the cutoff. Move the beam pattern until this is the case.

Moving the projectors from right to left may effect the height of the beam pattern. If this is the case..just go back and fine tune.

12. Cover the Drivers side headlight with a thick towel.

13. Repeat the UP/Down Left/Right procedure that you did on the drivers side with the passenger side. The vertical line on the passenger side of the garage is to be used for instersecting the slant in the cutoff on the passenger side headlight beam.

what makes this difficult is looking for the location where you can do it privately and the road must be level.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Try Autotechnika at the Fort. They also have that alignment service. As much as possible I don't recommend LA Cars.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    if you are at the south area. i've seen a shop earlier in motortown atc who does HID alignments. nasa gitnang part yung shop, i just forgot the name. check mo na lang yung parang signboard nila dun. they offer alignment services ng HLs.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    nag aalign din ba sila ng headlight na HID yung bulb? hindi clear type

7. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    ibig sabihin nyan di magaling ang nagkabit ng HID mo or di maganda yung brand ng HID mo.

yung Trooper ko at FD pina HID ko hindi nabago ang alignment.

autotechnika din ang shop na i rerecommend ko

8. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    sa may qc area meron po ba? kasi i'm planning to change the bulbs of our Montero Sport when it arrives later this month. And how much will it cost?

9. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by numbah5 View Post
    sa may qc area meron po ba? kasi i'm planning to change the bulbs of our Montero Sport when it arrives later this month. And how much will it cost?
    may i recommend ako sa iyong seller ng HID, very reliable at madaling kausap ang seller. kahit Montero Sport ni Vice Ganda sa kanya nagpakabit. madali siya kausap pagdating sa warranty.

http://tsikot.yehey.com/classifieds/showproduct.php/product/108108/cat/48

eto naman website nya. www.lxsunworx.com

dami na niyang Montero Sport na kinabitan ng HID

10. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    hindi naman po seller ng HID tinatanong ko po. yung pwede pong mag-align ng projector headlight ng Montero Sport ko after ko magpakabit ng HID. Kasi I'm deadset on Xenonworx because of its 30 months warranty. meron po ba sa quezon city area na alignment expert?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Looking for Projector Headlight Aiming Or Alignment Expert?