New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjababez View Post
    bro paano ito? thanks!
    Just take out one of the turn signal bulbs, front or rear. Kung bumilis yung duration ng flash, yan yung tinatawag na hyper-flashing. This indicates to the driver na may pundidong bulb.

2. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    Just take out one of the turn signal bulbs, front or rear. Kung bumilis yung duration ng flash, yan yung tinatawag na hyper-flashing. This indicates to the driver na may pundidong bulb.
    Bro confirm ko lang, bale pag mag busted lamp (non led/all stock) mag flash ng mabilis yung sa MID ng auto? TIA

3. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjababez View Post
    Bro confirm ko lang, bale pag mag busted lamp (non led/all stock) mag flash ng mabilis yung sa MID ng auto? TIA
    Yes. Ang usual na behavior is yung turn signal mo mabilis ang flash kapag may tanggal or pundidong bumbilya, o kung pinalitan mo ng LED na walang load resistor.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    This is what hyper-flashing/fast-blinking looks like:
    https://youtu.be/snXMRR6J0YU

For those new to this stuff: 4 Ways To Get Rid of Hyper Flash For LED Turn Signal Lights

I chose the 3rd option, as the turn signal circuitry in the Innova is still the 'old school' type that uses a discrete flasher relay separate from the on-board computers.

The fourth option, the one which the OP mentioned, will only work on certain cars and will require the necessary software that allows you to change computer parameters. That is, if the particular car supports the command. The aftermarket bluetooth OBD2 pluggables will typically only allow you to read realtime values, extract DTCs, and reset DTCs. It typically won't let you change anything.

5. Join Date
    May 2014
    https://youtu.be/snXMRR6J0YU

For those new to this stuff: 4 Ways To Get Rid of Hyper Flash For LED Turn Signal Lights

I chose the 3rd option, as the turn signal circuitry in the Innova is still the 'old school' type that uses a discrete flasher relay separate from the on-board computers.

The fourth option, the one which the OP mentioned, will only work on certain cars and will require the necessary software that allows you to change computer parameters. That is, if the particular car supports the command. The aftermarket bluetooth OBD2 pluggables will typically only allow you to read realtime values, extract DTCs, and reset DTCs. It typically won't let you change anything.
    Very detailed. Thanks bro!

6. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Found out that my car's signal lights are regulated by a flasher, not the ECU. Managed to find a CF13 electronic flasher and 1157 switchback LEDs in Lazada. P357 for the flasher and P1100 for the 1157 LED switchback bulb. The bulb has 11 5630 LED diodes for each color, so bright naman according to Amazon reviews with the same or similar switchback bulbs. Maybe even too bright. Problem is the item ships from overseas and 2nd week of January 2016 pa raw ang arrival. The wait.

The LED turn lights are purely for aesthetics, though.
    The way LEDs glow and the "hardness" of its light is personally more appealing to me. In addition, the switchback bulbs give me a functional DRL since the signal lights are lit white when it's not flashing. Below is a video that demonstrates the switchback function.

7. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Kestana View Post
    Found out that my car's signal lights are regulated by a flasher, not the ECU. Managed to find a CF13 electronic flasher and 1157 switchback LEDs in Lazada. P357 for the flasher and P1100 for the 1157 LED switchback bulb. The bulb has 11 5630 LED diodes for each color, so bright naman according to Amazon reviews with the same or similar switchback bulbs. Maybe even too bright. Problem is the item ships from overseas and 2nd week of January 2016 pa raw ang arrival. The wait.

The way LEDs glow and the "hardness" of its light is personally more appealing to me. In addition, the switchback bulbs give me a functional DRL since the signal lights are lit white when it's not flashing. Below is a video that demonstrates the switchback function.

Dumating na ba bro?
    Pics naman dyan :-)

8. Join Date
    Oct 2018
    YouTube

May I ask where you've got the LED flasher relay? I have a 2018 Innova. Though I wonder if it also uses the same type of flasher relay as the old Innova, I still want to know where to get the flasher relay. Thanks!

9. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Goodshot View Post
    May I ask where you've got the LED flasher relay? I have a 2018 Innova. Though I wonder if it also uses the same type of flasher relay as the old Innova, I still want to know where to get the flasher relay. Thanks!
    From eBay. Looks almost exactly like this: 8-pin LED Flasher Relay Adjustable Fix Turn Signal lisht For Toyota Lexus I7V3 | eBay

10. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Goodshot View Post
    https://www.lazada.com.ph/products/b....html?search=1

Check mo lang kung parehas ang pin configuration.
    Last edited by confused shoes; October 23rd, 2018 at 12:49 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
LED turn signal bulbs?