New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Anyone know where I can buy LED turn signal lights? I'm specifically looking for one with on a BA15D/1157 socket with a switchback function (dual light, amber + white). Also, would those stores also sell the accompanying load resistor for the LED bulbs?

From what I know, most cars will cause the signal lights to hyperflash when using LEDs without a load resistor because the car thinks the bulbs are burnt out. Burnt out bulbs = lower load. LED bulbs = much lower load than filament bulbs, so car thinks it's a burnt bulb. Is this still true or have they come up with turn signal LED bulbs that don't require a load resistor anymore?

Additionally, I believe OBD2 tools (like those Bluetooth/wifi OBD2 interface that connects to your smartphone) can clear the "burnt bulb" error to prevent the hyperflashing. Has anyone tried this instead of using a load resistor with their LED turn signal bulbs?

Btw, these LEDs with switchback function would look like this. If not using the turn signal or hazard lights, they would function like DRLs.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2015
    There's someone in miragepilipinas selling something like that. Check their forum.

sent via Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    in my opinion, mas ok pa i-LED ang brake lights kase pag may OEM keyless entry ka, ma visual check mo naman kung busted ang signal lights mo every time you lock/unlock your car... the cost of a 20-40 pesos filament bulb vs LED is just way to off...

4. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    I ordered two pairs of 1156 yellow LEDs together with an aftermarket variable-speed flasher relay from eBay. Putting load resistors is such a brute-force approach as they tend to heat up. I decided to just replace the OEM flasher relay. Plug-n-play and no wire splicing. Items are scheduled to arrive sometime next week or so.

I already have the brake light mod using 1157 red LEDs. I'm also going to replace the T15 high-mount brake lamp to a red T10 LED.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    I ordered two pairs of 1156 yellow LEDs together with an aftermarket variable-speed flasher relay from eBay. Putting load resistors is such a brute-force approach as they tend to heat up. I decided to just replace the OEM flasher relay. Plug-n-play and no wire splicing. Items are scheduled to arrive sometime next week or so.

I already have the brake light mod using 1157 red LEDs. I'm also going to replace the T15 high-mount brake lamp to a red T10 LED.
    Yes, having a load resistor defeats the purpose of the LEDs being efficient. But I'm after the switchback function and unfortunately, I've yet to find out if my car still uses a flasher or if it's regulated by the ECU. If it's regulated by the ECU, I suppose one of those OBD2 chips can clear the error to eliminate the hyperflashing.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    You may be able to clear the DTC temporarily but if the error condition still exist, you're likely to receive frequent notifications about burnt bulbs.

You probably need those LEDs that has CAN bus decoders. They're no more than LEDs with built-in resistors, or so I've read.
    Last edited by oj88; November 18th, 2015 at 08:45 AM.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Been thinking of this mod too. My brake lights and third brake light are already LED but my signal lights aren't. However, my sidemirror signal lights are LED. Does it mean I can just swap the bulb with LED and it wouldn't hyperflash? Been thinking of getting branded ones from Philips and Osram. TIA

8. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    Been thinking of this mod too. My brake lights and third brake light are already LED but my signal lights aren't. However, my sidemirror signal lights are LED. Does it mean I can just swap the bulb with LED and it wouldn't hyperflash? Been thinking of getting branded ones from Philips and Osram. TIA
    Try removing one of the filament bulb and see if it hyper-flashes.

The LED response time is clearly superior. The improvement in reaction time of the driver behind me due to LED brake lights may be annecdotal, but I'd like to think that in theory, every few milliseconds help.

The LED turn lights are purely for aesthetics, though.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Thanks, I'll give it a try. Yes, the turn lights are purely aesthetic. I just love seeing solid, full-brightness amber on and off. No afterglow.

10. Join Date
    May 2014
    bro paano ito? thanks!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

bro paano ito? thanks!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
LED turn signal bulbs?