New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    anybody here has replaced their stock brake and turn lights with LED Bulbs?

Saan po ba makakabili nito and about how much?

Thanks

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I've seen replacement bulbs which are LEDs already. Just plug them in the same socket.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    oh okay

hmmm mero kaya sa mga Handyman, Ace, DIY, etc. etc? or Concorde perhaps?

I'll check na lang, thanks

BTW, Ghost! parang plug and play lang ba sila? Kasi I recall reading that you need an additional resistor for the LED bulbs, or something like that.

Thanks

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The car socket type LED bulbs are "plug and play". Two types, single and double contact type.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    i also would like to change my lights to led kaya i bought some sa internet. parang kulang ng konti sa brightness. sa local shops lalong mahina ang led lights. will try to post pics comparing led at stock lights. would like to try sana piaa led lights but don't know where to buy. for info lang, yung sinasabi na peanut bulb na wedge the numeric equivalent is 194 or 168. for nissan vehicles w/ wedge bulbs, park/reverse lights are 3156, brake-3157, dome lights are festoon w/ sizes at 31mm, 36mm, 39mm & 41mm.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Any updates on this thread, looks very interesting. Especially if you want to change the color of your instrument panel. =) LED instead of the usual rice / wedge bulb.

7. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by CPY61 View Post
    Any updates on this thread, looks very interesting. Especially if you want to change the color of your instrument panel. =) LED instead of the usual rice / wedge bulb.
    mag indiglo lights na kayo sir ,kung gusto nyo mabago color ng panel nyo .

pero kung prefer nyo ang LED bulbs lang sa CONCORDE (SM CITY) dami ako nakikita doon ibat ibang kulay pa .

8. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    [SIZE=3]When you say plug and play, does this mean that the bulbs are of the same wattage as the original ones? [/SIZE]Coz yun sa mga after-market headlight bulbs are also p & p but the wattage are much higher and the wirings of the headlight are sure to heat up (as if you'll smell something burning)... I should know coz it happened to my old ride... Had to change the wirings of my headlights and had an additional relay added to prevent this from happening again.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Yan din po ba ginagamit na ilaw para maliwanag yung speedometer mo?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by GLImamasan View Post
    [SIZE=3]When you say plug and play, does this mean that the bulbs are of the same wattage as the original ones? [/SIZE]Coz yun sa mga after-market headlight bulbs are also p & p but the wattage are much higher and the wirings of the headlight are sure to heat up (as if you'll smell something burning)... I should know coz it happened to my old ride... Had to change the wirings of my headlights and had an additional relay added to prevent this from happening again.
    This thread originally discussed about signal & brake lights.

If you want to change your HEADLIGHTS with HIGHER WATTAGE bulbs, then of course, you WILL have to upgrade your wiring to handle the added electrical load.

Note: There are some headlight bulbs which is supposed to give the brightness of 100 watts but only consume 55 watts. That is not true, the bulb will LOOK like it gives out 100 watts but it's just the color of the light, not the actual light output. These bulbs use colored glass and these can actually LOWER the total light output by filtering out certain light colors.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
LED bulbs