New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by bongskitanya View Post
    Yan din po ba ginagamit na ilaw para maliwanag yung speedometer mo?

hindi. normally sa speedos, peanut bulbs ang gamit sa stock. pero you can opt to it indigloed..... mas maliwanag.... sakit nga lang sa mata/ulo pagka hindi ka sanay.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Hi All!

Try these guys: http://www.superbrightleds.com/

I'm planning to order a set from them.

They also explain here why some vehicles need either a resistor pack or a blinker module.

They not only carry automotive LEDs but other LEDs as well.

Before anyone says anything, I'm not affiliated with these guys. I'm just a potential customer who sees that they seem to know what they're talking about.

:regards:

3. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    For those who are interested in DIY, I may suggest that you buy your parts from quiapo or any electronic shops. LED bulbs usually cost around 12-30 pesos depending on where you are buying them. On my part am buying from the electronic shop at the ground floor of sm cyberzone.

Remember LEDS are usually 3 volts so our problem now is on how to make it work on a 12 volts environment. In order to reduce the voltage from 12v to 3V we will need a 5k resistor which is only P1.50. A digital multimeter will give you a reading of 2.8v. However, electronics shop recommend the use of 1k resistor to maximize the brightness of the LED. I tried it and it works even though the voltage reading is around 10.2 volts. Hindi siya nag-iinit and tested it muna so far wala naman problem.

Am going to use this DIY project on my stepboards coz am getting tired of those yellow courtesy lights on them. Walang ka courtesy-courtesy coz di mailawan ang stepboard ng innova ko. I'll show you two pics of a superbright white LED with 1k resistor attached on the longer arm.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by BoEinG_747 View Post
    mag indiglo lights na kayo sir ,kung gusto nyo mabago color ng panel nyo .

pero kung prefer nyo ang LED bulbs lang sa CONCORDE (SM CITY) dami ako nakikita doon ibat ibang kulay pa .
    Thanks boeing, I was able to check the concorde here in southmall. They do have LED bulbs but size #194, actually im looking for size #24 pang instrument something like this ones http://autolumination.com/74.htm .

5. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    how about this?

http://www.spiderlite.com/index.html

Pero a little warning about replacing with LEDs.

And finally....LED replacement bulbs

LED brake bulb. You might have seen websites and automotive shops stocking LED replacement bulbs for cars and motorbikes. Basically its a cluster of 19 or 24 LEDS (light emitting diodes) in a housing with a regular push-fit or bayonet plug on the back. The idea is that if you want brighter lights, you can replace your tail or turn lights with these LED replacements.

There is a gotcha though that the manufacturers often hide in the smallest of small print. A lot of cars nowadays have onboard diagnostics which include a light check. Some of these use resistance to figure out if a bulb has blown. LED clusters have a radically different resistance to a filament bulb and its possible that when you replace your bulbs with LED versions, your car will continuously tell you that one or more bulbs is burned out.

Getting one step more severe, if you use LED turn bulbs, your indicators could flash quicker or slower than you're used to. And the worst case scenario - some motorbikes have very tightly regulated voltages in their ABS systems and taking the filament bulb out of the brake light to replace it with an LED bulb can cause ABS errors and theoretically, an ABS shutdown. Granted thats worst-case scenario, but it is a possibility. So now you know.
    Last edited by kiper; March 22nd, 2007 at 12:33 PM.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    ^^^ sir thanks for this info... i was planning to change my rear bulbs to LEDs i realized may light check ako. sayans ilan beses na kase ako napupundihan ang hirap pa naman abutin nun lagayan ng bulb.. nakasiksik sobra...

7. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    hmm i guess, since my ride is an old ride.. wala atang light check or anything electronic detection, baka pwede tong LED lights.. tanong ko po sa mga sir na nakakita na neto, sa tailights, anong po itsura netong LED replacements na to? magagamit mo parin yung conventional double contact na socket? sa instrument panel po, saan store po mahahanap yung indiglo lights na yun? costing po? thanks mga sir!!!

8. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    up ko lang po. anyhow i just realized that yun lights sa 3rd brake light sa bootlid ko sa LEDs.. so ok lang kaya mapalitan ng LEDs yun rest ng bulbs? napupundihan kase ako pag nalulubak ng bigla...

9. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    ive seen led for tail lights, you can bought them most in motorcycle accesories and parts store..they carry diff types..so make sure you know the type of your bulb in your taillights..=)

10. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    gawin nyo na lng... LED comes in other voltage specs sa electronic shops para wla ng resistor... 12 & 20V. pick 20 den u hve a dimmer bulb, 12v den its just fine. problema mo n lng kung pano ung brakelight... put resistor for d parklight, hotwired for the brake. dnt forget to put a diode after the resistor.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
LED bulbs