New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    I don't want to give up my headlamps for many reasons, but I also want the option of turning on HID during certain situations. I think I can have the best of both worlds if I keep my headlamps and install the HID on my foglamps. When I'm driving somewhere with a lot of oncoming traffic, I'll use headlamps. When I drive on dark roads, I can turn on the HID.

Pareho lang ba quality ng HID light output if I install it on my foglamps compare sa if I install it on my headlamps?

2. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    not pointless though. unless ipa configure mo siya with the right angle na di makakasilaw ng oncoming motorist. actually mas maganda ikabit ang HID sa fog lamps then Halogen sa Head lamps. Mas maporma kasi pag HID fogs, maappreciate ng makakakita since hindi siya nasisilaw(yun ay kapag naka tamang aim yung lights mo).

at syempre mas malakas light output mo kapag nasa Head lamp due to its mid range and higher position than the fog lamps na nasa lower part.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Will it not defeat the purpose of the foglamps--its supposed to be applied on instances of low visibility such as rainy and foggy surroundings? HID are not known to be effective in such circumstances.

Why not use all-weather bulbs or pure yellow? You may opt for higher wattage in in case you are not satisfied with the 55 watts...just don't not forget to also upgrade your wiring harness.

HIDs will turned out be an expensive and unnecessary expense in the long run. Its not an all-around all-purpose thing.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    IMO, panget tignan naka HID ka sa fogs tapos headlights mo hindi.

Output from HID from your fogs won't really be as good as HIDs from low beams.

And personally, I hate drivers who just use fogs as their driving light. Some fog lights are glaring even if it sits low to the ground. Another reason is that placement of the fog lights are low and some vehicles have them installed near the center, so minsan pag mga cars na nasa tabi ko, di ko agad napapansin kasi fogs lang gamit. Which is dangerous.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Fog lamps on HID are even more potential to glare much worst than reflector headlamps on HID. only a few of reflector type HID foglamps passes my eyes. one is the new Civic and the others are foglamps that are nodded steeply making it pointless...

there are simple Projector Foglamps * US $50.00-60.00 (2,500-3,000 pesos) more or less. I think they are simple to install. balak ko nga magpabili sa states eh... kaya lang u-unahin ko nalang muna yung budget for the retrofit sa headlights mismo...

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    sa akin mas maganda ang combo ng HID Fog-HL
    Halogen Fog-HL.

parang it defeats the purpose.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by rion View Post
    kaya lang u-unahin ko nalang muna yung budget for the retrofit sa headlights mismo...
    DIY na lang Sir rion.Hehe

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by batang_raon14 View Post
    DIY na lang Sir rion.Hehe
    Oo nga. sir B.R. but mahal parin yung Bi-Xenon fits eh... 14k. marami pa akong ibang priorities eh... and some money goes wasted by social life pa. hehe...

ot lang, magkano ba bili sa convertion mo?

9. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    a good conversion would be nice even if it not projector kit. (sa foglamp)

palitan mo lang "spotlight" ang housing mo para mas malayo ang throw.

ano po bang ride nyo sir?

10. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Question, I have a Montero Sport, and plan to put 6000K HIDs so low beam, ok ba to match with 4300K fogs, or lagyan ko na lang ng all weather yung fogs? And would anyone know what type of bulbs I should look for sa fog lamps ng Montero Sport?

Want to rely on my fogs for heavy rains and out of town trips, so best light throw would be needed.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
HID sa foglamp - pointless or not?