New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by jobski
    ang 2006 civic po ba projector lights na? yung hindi top-model (kasi naka hid un)
    AFAIK... retrofit lang yan ng Honda Phil.

Sa USDM, kahit ang top of the line model ng Honda (Si, Coupe, Hybrid) walang standard na HID feature or even option.

Quote Originally Posted by istan
    Inde projector yun HID ng 2006 Civic, but its pointed down (low beam only) so not much glare. I think same rin yun sa New Altis.

Am I right?
    Yup... although its level is too low / near the car (to minimize the glare) to the point that's ineffective (low beam) compared to a standard halogen lamp at proper beam level.

HIDs will only work properly with projector type lamps. The xenon's light discharge is different from a halogen lamp.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    sa camry pre.. nka projector type yun.. HID na yun..

3. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Hey guys, I'm thinking of upgrading my stock bulbs to HID. Need your opinion on which HID type I should get. Considerations: Sana pwedeng pang all-weather conditions. I heard that the higher it is the more difficult it is to use during wet conditions. Sayang naman daw if I get 4000k kasi magmumukhang stock lang, they're recommending 6000K.

What do you suggest?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Suggest check your headlight housing is HID compatible first if you do not want to see your license plate at the Goon Squad HQ. Just a friendly reminder.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

5. Join Date
    May 2006
    Yep, camry uses projectors...but how bout the new Altis? I hear, the top of the line model sports HiD. Btw, naghahanap nga ako ng Headlight assembly ng 2005 Lancer na may projector. Kasya kaya yun Evo headlights dun? Parang same body lang naman... hehe! May projector kasi ang Evo. Pwede i Hid.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    bagong kaalaman... HID is useless without a projector housing

there is such a thing as responsible lighting....

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    pasearch nalang mga tol, apat na atang thread na pareparehas ang discussion tungkol dito.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    smells like a thread merge to me....

9. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    FYI. There are HID lamps designed for ordinary reflectors and projectors. If you want to be on the safe side. Use D2R lamps for reflector type housings and D2S or D2C for projectors. These lams are designed to minimize glare and have correct focusing unlike other HID conversion systems. These are the bulb used as OEM. The new Altis uses D2R lamps and D2S for the Camry.This is EU ECE and US standard. These are the only legal types. 6000K or lower lang ang legal with Europe and America.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    merge merge merge please.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
HID Questions & Information