New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Guys need ko help nyo, naBulag ung Isang Headlight ko sa Driver's side, ang wierd thing is, pag nag High Beam ako may Ilaw xa, pero pag Low, wala? tingin nyo busted na kaya ung Bulb? need help Axap, baka kc Mahirapan ako Umuwe mamayang gabi eh, and2 kc ako sa Office.... Salamat

2. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Add ko na rin, What ba preferrable na Bulbs for Plastic Lenses (ung Stock Lenses) pero if ever kc magpapalit ako ng replacement na Assembly, kasi maxadong mahal ung Stanley type na Assmbly, halos double the price of the Replacement one's, pero kknunin ko is Japan, not taiwan... im thinking of 80/90 over Watt All Weather Bulbs, tpos palitan ko na rin ung socket ng Ceramic Sockets? tama na kaya yan? All i want kc is a brighter headlights, pero di nakakabulag sa ibang driver, kasi pag malabo tlga, napapaHigh Beam ako eh,

*Mbeiege,
    Are you there, buhayin ko lng ung Thread ko dati, I forgot na kc, if there would be issues if I'll be using Overwattage Bulbs (80/90 or 70/80) All Weather bulbs sa Stock na lens, assuming replacement lng ung nabile ko for Both.

* ALL:
    Matutunaw kaya ung lens, kahit Low beam lng? lets say long driving ka for Example na lng is Bagyo? would it melt? or any other issues, mag bgay tau ng worse Case Scenario.

Salamat

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    You have a busted low beam filament. If you don't have any auxiliary light IMO better to replace it as early as possible dahil mahirap mag drive ng bulag at delikado sa oncoming vehicle. Now for an option pag uwi mo, try to use the high beam courteously lang.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    +1 kay sir xto. Ang headlight kasi has a high beam/low beam filament. Kaya pwde kang bulag pag high or low beam, pero merong ilaw the other way around. Replace it na lang bro. Suggest ko, replace both headlights na lang mura lang naman. Try mo hella or narva.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yup replace bulb.. ano ba car mo? sealed beam ba? kung sealed beam yan replace whole assembly...

6. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    For replacement na. Better to replace them as a pair.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    hayz bad3p wala sa budget ko toh, Anu ba maganda, siguro mag palit na rin ako ng All Weather Bulbs? 1 pair noh? tpos Ceramic na Socket? Question ko is the same as above, wala bang magging problem ang Lens pag nag Over wattage ako? or any other parts, sa kotse? Stock Alternator pa ako pati battery, malakas ba sa battery ang 70/80w bulbs?

Bale Stock Assembly Xa ng Honda City Exi 97 model, balak ko nga rin palitan na buong assembly eh, kaso ang hirap mag hanap ng Assembly Set na for my Ride, may nakita ako replacement, made in taiwan kaso di ako believe sa mga taiwan products eh, can you suggest anything? cguro by this weekend papalitan ko na xa,
    Last edited by mackkcam; December 6th, 2007 at 11:59 AM. Reason: MOD:

8. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Kung wala pang budget, you can opt for stock replacement muna. Delikado kasi ang "bulag" na sasakyan.

Sa Ace hardware sa Festival Mall, 100 each ang "standard" halogen bulbs na H4. Considering na mahal pa nga sa Ace hardware.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    although taiwanese made, ang depo brand na headlight replacement assembly is pretty decent na. pero sir, bakit kayo mag papalit ng assembly? basag na po ba? kasi for me, nothing beats the original talaga. konting pa-linis lang niyan ok na uli (in my case)

10. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Dude this is probably the fourth time you asked me kung anong side effects mangyayari if you go overwattage. If you're so concerned, just use stock wattage bulbs, aim them properly, have the headlamp lenses cleaned. That way you won't have to worry about lenses burning, sockets melting, blinding other drivers, or anything else for that matter. If your headlamps are fine, there's no need to replace the assemblies. What made you think you need to?

Imagine mo na lang ito ha. Stock wattage is 55/60 or 55/65 for low and high. I don't know the condition of your headlamp casing, your sockets, wiring, alternator, etc. but if you go with higher wattage, you're drawing more current to produce more light. This added current will put more stress on your stock system. Marami na threads about upgrading the wiring harness, etc. Just do a search man!

High beams will not solve the lack of light on the road
    because high beams primarily illuminate the level above the headlamps, so you do not illuminate the road. High beams are not designed to illuminate the road surface, so if you want more visibility, you need to illuminate the foreground - and high beam usage will not work. High beam usage is only good for illuminating farther ahead than you normally would like in an unlit highway with no oncoming traffic. With high beams, you illuminate the buildings, pedestrians, and possibly blind incoming traffic. So use it with discretion. If you have fog lamps, this should suffice since you have a bad bulb.

Before you leave, take the car against the wall, turn on the headlamps and adjust them properly. That way when you buy new bulbs, palit ka na lang and it's almost certain you don't need to readjust. There are adjustment guides for high and low beams but generally, low beams are used as the standard. Since your other light is burnt out, you can opt to choose adjusting it at the high beam setting and compare it with the good side to make sure it's all level.

If you're buying new bulbs, replace both na rin maybe the other one is about to go. Keep the good old one as a spare na lang. Just be sure not to touch the glass part - see the other thread about the cracked bulb. Also avoid long life bulbs or those that claim a certain percent longer life than others, because they're designed to put out less light with the same wattage, to increase bulb life.

I'm sorry but after four times of asking the same questions, by now you should already see the light.
    Last edited by mbeige; December 6th, 2007 at 01:56 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Help sa Headlight ASAP!! by EoD