New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    Simply put, and everything else being ok, if you're having difficulty seeing at night using stock lighting, probably the main reason could be any of the following: Your tints are too dark, your eyes needs to be looked at, or your driving too fast under adverse conditions. This is just being objective, not meaning to insult anyone.
    my guess is, #1.
    i had a recent convert, here! he removed his front tint, and decided afterward, that he didn't need to upgrade his lights after all.
    Last edited by dr. d; March 15th, 2020 at 10:52 AM.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    my guess is, #1.
    i had a recent convert, here! he removed his front tint, and decided afterward, that he didn't need to upgrade his lights after all.
    I did the same...stripped some 2decade+ old tint...& the world is bright once more..even w/ the lowly stock halogens.[emoji4]

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Or it could be #4, headlamps aimed too low. Sometimes all it takes is half a turn with a screwdriver.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    Or it could be #4, headlamps aimed too low. Sometimes all it takes is half a turn with a screwdriver.
    The assumption is, everything else about his lights are stock. He is, after all, driving the latest gen of the Fortuner, notwithstanding, it's 4 years-old. But yes, that could be a problem when the headlamp alignments are out of spec.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Headlamp adjustment guide

6. Join Date
    Jan 2015

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    from what i remember,
    real foglamps should be aimed even much lower than low beam headlamps. their glare is difficult to control, and will blind oncoming motorists.
    they are not designed for driving at speed, on ordinary public roads.
    on ordinary public roads, "if you need foglamps, you should not be driving fast at all."

8. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    from what i remember,
    real foglamps should be aimed even much lower than low beam headlamps. their glare is difficult to control, and will blind oncoming motorists.
    they are not designed for driving at speed, on ordinary public roads.
    on ordinary public roads, "if you need foglamps, you should not be driving fast at all."
    True.

Fog lamps are designed to illuminate the immediate foreground and road markings. In foggy or extremely hazy situations, your visibility is obviously reduced to just several meters or so and the fog lamps help you see objects immediately in front of you, including road markings, so you can stay in your lane.

Fog lights have a beam pattern that resembles a horizontal "blanket" and sometimes a bar.... with a low and wide cut-off. They are not flood lights and should not be aimed as such.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I have a simple process of aiming the headlights. I park my car with headlights on beside a meralco post, walk to the next meralco post, then kneel down with butt touching my heel. If i am blinded it is too high. So i adjust it to be a lower than that (my chin level). Or if there is a sedan parked at that distance i aim lower than its side mirror. I don't blind oncoming cars, and i get to see pedestrians' legs in time enough to brake. This is for a van or suv. Aim lower for sedans (if you aim it the same the beam will be looking up).

Mahirap kasi maghanap ng wall

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    I have a simple process of aiming the headlights. I park my car with headlights on beside a meralco post, walk to the next meralco post, then kneel down with butt touching my heel. If i am blinded it is too high. So i adjust it to be a lower than that (my chin level). Or if there is a sedan parked at that distance i aim lower than its side mirror. I don't blind oncoming cars, and i get to see pedestrians' legs in time enough to brake. This is for a van or suv. Aim lower for sedans (if you aim it the same the beam will be looking up).

Mahirap kasi maghanap ng wall
    i also do this.

but i also wait for late at night, in the workplace parking.
    when everyone has driven home, i position the car against the concrete wall there, and do my aiming.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast