New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    with today's modern headlite assemblies. the reflector is made of heat resistant plastic, re chroming it is not possible. you can just buy surplus headlites rather than install fog lamps.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    replace the headlamp assembly nalang imo...

3. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    just a noob question... whats the difference between a driving light and a fog lamp?papost naman ng picture kung pwede. btw, will a 55 watt fog lamp help visibility pag umuulan?gaya nung mga naka display sa concorde and other shops sa malls.. around 700 php plus lang.balak ko ung yellow or rainbow

4. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    fog lamp are used to _help_ in poor driving conditions. ngayon kung yung poor driving condition mo is caused by poor driving light / headlamp, ipaayos/palitan mo nalang yung headlamp mo (like others said before me).

The fog lamps' job is to show you the edges of the road, the lane markings, and the immediate foreground. When used in combination with the headlamps, good fog lamps weight the overall beam pattern towards the foreground so that even though there may be a relatively high level of upward stray light from the headlamps causing glareback from the fog or falling rain or snow, there will be more foreground light than usual without a corresponding increase in upward stray light, giving back some of the vision you lose to precipitation.

When used without headlamps in conditions of extremely poor visibility due to snow, fog or heavy rain, good fog lamps light the foreground and the road edges only, so you can see your way safely at reduced speeds.

In clear conditions, more foreground light is not a good thing, it's a bad thing. Some foreground light is necessary so you can use your peripheral vision to see where you are relative to the road edges, the lane markings and that pothole 10 feet in front of your left wheels. But foreground light is far less safety-critical than light cast well down the road into the distance, because at any significant speed (much above 30 mph), what's in the foreground is too close for you to do much about. If you increase the foreground light, your pupils react to the bright, wide pool of light by constricting, which in turn substantially reduces your distance vision—especially since there's no increase in down-the-road distance light to go along with the increased foreground light. It's insidious, because high levels of foreground light give the illusion, the subjective impression, of comfort and security and "good lighting".

source: DanielSternLighting

5. Join Date
    May 2006
    Thing is, I replaced my headlights. But the surplus replacement was for right hand drive cars. So, yun tama ng ilaw...ganito

"\-----" instead of "-----/". <- hope u guys understand. "/" is yun pataas ng ilaw.

Any possible way to correct this aside from buying new lamps?

6. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    I also have a question. I am totally new in this car thing kaya pardon for the simplicity of my question. Magkano magpaayos ng fog light? Bulag yung isang fog light e. Revo yung sasakyan. Saka saan nagpapagawa/nagpapaayos/nagpapalagay? Salamat!

7. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by istan View Post
    Thing is, I replaced my headlights. But the surplus replacement was for right hand drive cars. So, yun tama ng ilaw...ganito

"\-----" instead of "-----/". <- hope u guys understand. "/" is yun pataas ng ilaw.

Any possible way to correct this aside from buying new lamps?
    may adjustment na 2 philips screws or 10mm bolts sa likod ng headlight ung isa for UP and DOWN the ader one pang LEFT n RYT. adjust it at nyt para makita mo ung tama ng ilaw sa karsada bro.

8. Join Date
    May 2006
    Yes meron...pero that's for the aiming. The problem is that even w/ the right aim, the lens in the headlight has this problem...

-\--\-

To illustrate... Take a look at the "ANGLE". All headlights have that angle to help drivers see pedestrians. Problem is...I have the wrong "ANGLE"

Right hand drive vehicles have aiming like this... <- my current headlight

Left hand drive vehicles yun tama aim like this.

Problem ko lng. Surplus japan headlights costs P1,250/pc pero mali aim nya. Sabi ng shop kung saan ko pinapalit headlights, hirap raw maghanap ng LEFT HAND DRive headlights. Kung gusto ko daw...CASA. Is this bull?

Left hand drive headlights costs P5,500/pc since walang surplus na ganun daw... Hirap nga e...hay! Ano gagawin ko di ba...

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Mahirap nga maghanap ng surplus LHD headlights since most of our parts come from RHD vehicles.

A passable alternative would be the Depo brand of headlights. Depo headlights for my Lancer cost less than 5k per pair. Orig Stanley headlights cost more than 5k each. Quality may not be up to par though. I've heard of Depo headlights fading/yellowing. Some blackened when the owners used over-wattage bulbs.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    ah ok, pwede naman adjust mo na lang sa tamang distance para syo at nakamura kapa, ang magging problem m lang skali ung kasalubong mo masisilaw dahil masmataas ang bato ng ilaw sa left

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
fog lamps