New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterZerg View Post
    just a noob question... whats the difference between a driving light and a fog lamp?papost naman ng picture kung pwede. btw, will a 55 watt fog lamp help visibility pag umuulan?gaya nung mga naka display sa concorde and other shops sa malls.. around 700 php plus lang.balak ko ung yellow or rainbow
    Head lamp low beam

Long range forward, below the horizontal cutoff and slightly to the sides.

Head lamp high beam

Longer range forward, above the horizontal cutoff and slightly to the sides

Fog lamp

Short range but broad band of light, mostly to the sides

Fog lamps do not replace driving lamps. You cannot see far enough with just fog lamps because they are designed for short range illumination when driving at slow speeds.

Fix your head lamps and adjust and aim them properly, then see if you still need fog lamps. Also make sure you get the correct ones. Your RHD headlamps will BLIND oncoming drivers to your left because their design is \__ \__ whereas a LHD lamp will have a cutoff like so __/ __/ so that's just right for right hand drive traffic, or left hand drive vehicles.

2. Join Date
    May 2006
    I know that, that's why I want to replace it. But think about the cost.
    2 x P1,250 = P2,500 surplus.
    2 x P5,500 = P11,000.
    Thats 4x the cost of a surplus, just to change the light throw?

So question is, where can I get a LHD headlight at the same price as a surplus? That's also the question I throw at the shop where I got my car fixed, cuz I want it to be replaced.

Their answer is, get from CASA. So that's P5,500. Frankly, I don't have P11k to spare.

Hirap dilemma ko noh...Yun sa mga nag-aayos kasi, headlight is headlight. Di nga nila alam kung ano yun sinasabi ko. I have to explain it pa. Surprised rin sila, na may ganun. Help guys. :D

3. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    kung surplus buy m baba m n lang konti ung left side para d gaanong mksilaw ka ung ryt side medyo habol m s gitna ang bato ung hindi mawawala ang side street nman nktipid kpa kung depo or other replacement na taiwan ang buy mo hindi ngtatagal eh

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    Yeah, binabaan ko nga yun bato. Pero syempre....on my right side..kulang yun ilaw. Olats noh. Hay! What I did tell the shop, keep on searching for the right kind of headlights, let me know when u have it. I need this replaced.

Ewan ko lng nga kung tatawag pa yun.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    ok fog lamps talaga ngayon lalo na umuulan... pero ok ba ung 55 watts na benta sa concorde?sulit na ba ung brightness non sa close range or malakas na?

6. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    ano bang fog lamps bulb ang maganda? h3 and bulbs ng foglamps di ba? ok ba euroline?

7. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    hi guys...nagpapalit ako ngayon ng headlight and it seems na ok naman cya lumakas compared sa dati kong walang reflector kac napinturahan....i just need to test kung malakas ung ulan kung tolerable ung viewing...

gastos ko 2200 kasama labor and bulbs.japan made pero plastic... mukang bago pa ung itsura nung kinabit na headlight saken... ok na ba ung price? what do you think?

8. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    ei meron b nabibilhan ng fog lamps na my built in na strobe lights? kung my nakapagpakabit na sanyo pa suggest nman kung san and magkanu, tnx!

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006

10. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by rion View Post
    Good call. More info here as well http://danielsternlighting.com/tech/aim/aim.html

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
fog lamps