New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 64 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Kamiya View Post
    Got the lowdown from google...

X-Treme Power is basically Philips' HIR bulb.
    Equivalent bulbs from other manufacturers are "Osram Hyper" and "Toshiba HIR".

That being said, X-Treme power should be significantly brighter than older, traditional designs like Osram Silverstars (what I have one one of my cars now). Will be shopping for Philips X-Treme Power or Osram Hypers soon.
    What are HIR bulbs? Are those the ones that have standard wattage but have higher output per wattage (at the cost of service life)? I've heard of the +50 type bulbs from Philips, Narva, Osram, etc...?

2. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    +80 itong bagong bulb ng Philips. Siguro talagang super ganda ng light throw nito. kaso wala pa ata yan dito eh! huhuhu

3. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by mbeige View Post
    What are HIR bulbs? Are those the ones that have standard wattage but have higher output per wattage (at the cost of service life)? I've heard of the +50 type bulbs from Philips, Narva, Osram, etc...?
    HIR is basically standard halogen. What they do is put a special reflector at the front of the bulb, so that the normally invisible infrared rays are recycled. (they're invisible anyway, so it's useless letting them out) The IR light is reflected back onto the filament, causing it to burn hotter and brighter at the same wattage.

Unlike those old "30% and 50% more" bulbs that give you white light through a blue jacket (nasty, since you lose weather visibility), HIR gives you truly brighter light, without tinting the hue making it a much better proposition especially in bad weather.

The wikipedia entry (emphasis mine):
    Halogen Infrared Reflective light sources

A further development of the tungsten-halogen bulb has a dichroic coating that passes visible light and reflects infrared radiation. The glass in such a bulb is spherical, rather than tubular. The reflected infrared radiation strikes the filament located at the centre of the sphere, heating the filament to a degree greater than occurs by passing an electric current through the filament. The filament thus superheated emits more light, without an increase in power consumption or a decrease in lifespan.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by mcbry View Post
    ano ba mas malakas yung ilaw osram silverstar or narva all weather?

With the same wattage at 55/60(ito lang ang wattage ng silverstar). mas malakas ang silverstar since stock colored siya and bocomes whiter than ordinary h4 kasi nga malakas ang buga.
    Ideal ang all weathers with higher wattage than normal na 55/60. kasi yellowish siya at low beam parang mahina tingnan. 80/100 and up is good. yun nga lang it needs ceramic sockets and wiring upgrade para less worry.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    safe lang ba gamitin yung osram silverstar during bad weather conditions? just want to clarify what color yung light nito? pang all weather din ba ito?

6. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Regarding Osram silverstars, one of my H4 bulbs died after 1.5 years.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by mcbry View Post
    safe lang ba gamitin yung osram silverstar during bad weather conditions? just want to clarify what color yung light nito? pang all weather din ba ito?

It's an ordinary h4, stock colored at nagiging whiter lang ng konti kasi nga mas malakas siya. Very effective during rains and fog.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    For those with upgraded wirings, relays and and ceramic sockets, a good alternative would be the Flosser 145/110 H4 bulbs. Very good light throw and rain visibility. Using it now with Kiddo.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    kung HIR ito, ibig sabihin may kamahalan to

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by suysuy View Post
    aba nalaman agad na ako bwahaha! yup bakit?! nyehehe
    naalala ko lang yung city mo sa pimp my ride thread. hehehehe

meron na po ba nakita na nagbebenta ng bulb na ito?

Page 4 of 64 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast
Anyone Tried Philips X-Treme Power Bulbs?