New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    hi guyz
    is there any Insurance company that is payable on period of terms (6months, 12 months, etc)?
    coz the insurance I got now was a straight payment and was not aware of insurance that is payable in terms

OT:
    might be an OT but dunno how to open a thread with this kind of discussion
    does your comprehensive insurance covers repainting (hilamos, washover) of the car? what company?
    like the car has sort of discoloration or some minor chipoff on the sidings of the car....
    mine is not, I got Standard Insurance

2. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Insurance does not cover hilamos unless the damages were caused by accidents. You may have a dent here and there and everywhere caused by separate accidents. So most likely the insurance will allow you to have a washover but you will have to shoulder a corresponding participation fee..

3. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by derf8666 View Post
    Insurance does not cover hilamos unless the damages were caused by accidents. You may have a dent here and there and everywhere caused by separate accidents. So most likely the insurance will allow you to have a washover but you will have to shoulder a corresponding participation fee..
    So long as you will pay your participation you are covered.
    The motorcar insurance is a collision policy, hence if there are damages
    there was a collision.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ajOT View Post
    hi guyz
    is there any Insurance company that is payable on period of terms (6months, 12 months, etc)?
    coz the insurance I got now was a straight payment and was not aware of insurance that is payable in terms

OT:
    might be an OT but dunno how to open a thread with this kind of discussion
    does your comprehensive insurance covers repainting (hilamos, washover) of the car? what company?
    like the car has sort of discoloration or some minor chipoff on the sidings of the car....
    mine is not, I got Standard Insurance

1. The rule is you have a 90 days grace period. Anything over the
    the grace period will be charged a modal premium rate or interest.
    You can demand that endorsement from all the insurance co.
    If you are renewing with standard then it is easier for you to ask.

2. How do you describe this "Hilamos"? Is this a detailing job?
    Is it wherein the color coat and clear coat is restored?
    I think the participation covers a certain panel of the vehicle
    so anything within that panel will be covered by the repair.
    Last edited by mark_t; April 29th, 2010 at 12:17 PM.

5. Join Date
    May 2010
    Hi. Newbie here. I'm about to renew the insurance of my vios 1.5S MT (2009). Last year, I paid 30k for the comprehensive coverage. This year, their quote is still 30k (24k for the original policy + 6K for AOG). Is that a reasonable price? Thanks.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by libroko05 View Post
    Hi. Newbie here. I'm about to renew the insurance of my vios 1.5S MT (2009). Last year, I paid 30k for the comprehensive coverage. This year, their quote is still 30k (24k for the original policy + 6K for AOG). Is that a reasonable price? Thanks.
    It's on the high side. Reasonable would be about 24k but AOG included already. That is assuming a coverage of 700k OD, 200K BI PD and 250k PA.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by mark_t View Post
    So long as you will pay your participation you are covered.
    The motorcar insurance is a collision policy, hence if there are damages
    there was a collision.
    If thats the case, all insurance will run out of business. Imagine everytime someone would like to have his car repainted, may share agad ang insurance? As I've stated, insurance will have the whole car repainted if necessary and IF the damages were caused by an accident or malicious damage. But not hilamos per se..

Thanks.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    sorry for the noob questions:
    for comprehensive insurances, how much is % the usual participation fee of the owner in case of car damages? and will this be reimbursable once the insurance release the damage payment?

tia!

9. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Lotur View Post
    sorry for the noob questions:
    for comprehensive insurances, how much is % the usual participation fee of the owner in case of car damages? and will this be reimbursable once the insurance release the damage payment?

tia!
    sir, participation depends on your insurance company. for example my insurace company only charged 3k as participation for every damages. mostly insurance company aside from your participation charges 10%-50% (depending on your insurance company policy) for every parts that needs to be replaced. you can pay first for the damaged or replaced parts and reimburse later BUT insurance company have their own ADJUSTER wherein they assess first the damage and decide how much is the cost.

better have your own insurance agent that you know. they give better services than what you get from casa. they (agent) can give you your preffered insurance company (ex standard, malayan, etc.) but the rate is lower than what casa can give. if you need an insurance PM me so i can give you my agent for the last 10years. even the new cars we bought, i get the insurance from him (60% cheaper than casa).

10. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Sir pa join naman medyo OT.

Please badly needed ng advice lang. What should I do, "kung ayaw sagutin ng insurance ang bangga sa auto ko". Almost 3 months na sa CASA oto ko waiting pa din ako sa sagot ng insurance. Sabi ng Adjuster nasa Insurance na daw decision regarding my claim.

Baka may suggestion kayo na dapat kong gawin. Al paper documents are complete (Police report, certification of incident from the establishment, Insurance Policy, OR/CR etc.)

Btw, i got 2009 Tucson which iam still paying for it sa BDO. And my car insurance is Prudential Guarantee Ortigas.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Yearly Comprehensive Insurance