New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Hello All,

Good Day! Para sa mga newbies na kagaya ko sa kotse. I tried to search here pero wala akong makitang related thread about sa query ko. Just want to ask your inputs/opinion regarding the steps on what to check sa dealer the time na ready na yung unit mo for take out. Umpisahan ko na:

-tools
    -all accessories are working (HU, signal lights, park lights etc)
    -documents (e.g invoice/ORCR)

2. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Open the hood and check that all the fluids

Water for washer is usuall forgotten

:ginr:

3. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Open the hood and check all the fluids

Water for washer is usually forgotten

4. Join Date
    Dec 2016
    good call sir *111prez, oo nga pala, "what's under the hood". so dapat ba full yung mga fluids dun like fluid washer reservoir and coolant. also, since CVT ang kukunin ko, dapat ba pati CVT/ATF fluid ko nasa tamang level? pano kung matagal na natengga yung car sa warehouse? may mga possibilities ba na magka-issue due to long period of inactivity? thanks!

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Check for all functionality.
    Head Lights, parking lights, interior lights, signal lights, hazard lights
    Door locks, keyless entry, alarm
    Doors, hood, trunk operation
    Tire inflation

Spare tire, basic tools, EWD, owners manual, manufacturers warranty booklet, warranty certificate for others like tires & battery (kasi usually hiwalay ito)

Start the engine. Listen for squeaking or rattling noises, turn on the ac. See if it gets cold.

I guess thats all you can do before you can bring the car out of the dealer. Now after you take the car home, use it as much as possible to expose the car to a real-world scenario. Stop and go traffic, highway driving and all.

Anything out of the ordinary bring the car straight back to the dealer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Dec 2016
    noted sir *benchph1, i will this printed out so i will have a guide nadin ang inaalala ko lang kasi, matagal na nakastock sa warehouse yung unit ko since january 2017 pa eh ngayon lang nakapagbayad ng DP sa bank. may posibilidad kaya na may ibang parts na kinahoy sa unit ko? worst case, may mga maliliit na bato or kung ano mang bagay ang nilagay sa say, engine bay, fuel tank bay or other storage parts? wag naman sana

7. Join Date
    May 2018
    Up up.. Or cr usually takes how long?
    Tried to get a checklist from agent, dedma na haha

8. Join Date
    Oct 2012

9. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    When I did this, even opened the hood, they gave me that look "sigurista naman masyado si sir". True enough, kulang pa din ginawa ko kase ka bago bago, hindi nagana charging port

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    May 2014
    I'm not as "particular" except if they try to hand me over a display unit, unless otherwise agreed upon that I will accept.

It happened once only when we were really in a need for a family hauler as we had to dispose of our van. We bought the Innova but there was only 1 unit available (Display Unit). So we agreed to get it back then. Some traces that it was a display unit can still be seen but they weren't that big a deal. A footprint here a hand print there. Basically it's their crew trying their best to clean it up but failing.

Fluid wise, I'm more particular about what they topped up the car with vs what is required. When I got the Sylphy, I asked the agent prior to purchase and when delivered. Both Nissan Reps told me 91RON regular unleaded is fine. Since it was low, I topped up and drove it around a bit. It was my mistake that I trusted them to know about a new model (I got the 1.6). Turns out after getting home, I decided to read the manual since I felt I wasn't getting much power in uphill terrain. The car was required to top up with Premium Unleaded. The gasoline station attendant also didn't ask me after seeing the sticker, nor did I check. So it was a folly on my end. Too excited. Haha!

Nothing bad happened I just emptied it out with driving normally then shifted to 95RON the next topup.

After you get the vehicle, check tire pressure. They usually over inflate to 40 to 50psi when the car only requires 30-35psi (based on my experience) So you may experience the ride is handling rough through normal roads. Just deflate them or inflate them properly.

Check that you got what you paid for or what was agreed upon. I don't complain much, but after delivery prior to signing. I check the docs handed to me. What it states is included in the turnover. But, I also save emails and text messages prior to confirmation of purchase. And I use those as claims against the agent that sold me the unit or buttered me up with perks. I expect to get them. =)

I did it for the Montero before to get a few things, like Umbrella and Gas Card I think (can't remember it all). It didn't come with the seat cover for the unit but it was okay.

For the Sylphy, I got the seat cover but it was 1 month delayed because the sub con doing the seat cover stitched it wrong for the back seat so it wouldn't fit. They had to redo all of them before turning over the covers.

Any technical concerns with the car itself, I can do warranty claims if needed so not as big a deal for me but I do just do a simple walkthrough. =)

I don't tend to check fluids since 1, I expect them to have done their due diligence and 2, the car is running hot so any check would prove fruitless since they are not in normal unexpanded volume (oil, coolant etc) I guess washer fluid I could but I can just squirt that to see if there is foam. =)

Re Engine Bay, they tend to show me the engine bay regardless of me asking. I just check it is clean/ has been engine detailed at least. =)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast