New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2011
    hi! good day!

I Just wanna know, how can i ask my insurance company to just replace my car? my car is 1 month old(pero siguro mga 1.5 na). I was hit by a bus (El Palma) last may 5 sa paanan ng magallanes fly-over. Dinala ko kaagad sya sa toyota (TQA) for cost estimate. and roughly 400k ang damages. please help me, what should I do? Thanks! and btw, i'm just new here.

Last edited by altis2011; May 8th, 2011 at 03:06 PM. Reason: adding pics

2. Join Date
    May 2005
    Pls state what vehicle do you have and what is its insured value.

The decision that the insurance company will make is based on what will cost them the least amount of money.

If its cheaper to replace the car then thats what they will do.

If its cheaper to repair the car then thats what they will do.

3. Join Date
    May 2011
    its an altis 2011 1.6G the value is the total actual cash value of 859k.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    I cant see the pic of your car, why dont you just ask your insurance company. Bottom line it'll still be up to them to give you the option of cash settlement for the entire damaged car or repair only...

5. Join Date
    May 2005
    What kind of damage? A pic will be helpful.

Are there any damage to the chassis? If its just doors, bumpers, trunk, hood, etc... they will repair it. If your engine gets hit hard or gets ripped off its mount, collapsed roof/ceiling, etcc then it will be replaced or cash settlement (depreciated).

What insurance company? Some are harder to claim than other.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    If the engine was totally wrecked the insurance company will replace your car.and somehow it depends to the investigator of the insurance company.

7. Join Date
    May 2011
    well, dunno, bakit ganun kamahal. attached is the job estimate.

8. Join Date
    May 2011
    seaboard-eastern yung insurance.

dunno why i cannot attach pictures to my messages. anyway, will make it my display photo.

here's the album where i uploaded the photos, Thanks!

http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/album.php?albumid=1070
    Last edited by altis2011; May 8th, 2011 at 05:21 PM. Reason: cannot add pictures

9. Join Date
    May 2005

Looking at the pic, damage looks superficial. Don't really really know why the casa specified so many items to be repaired. But then again, I didn't see it personally.

Looks as if the airbag did not deploy.

From the insurance's point of view, having it repaired is the most straight forward and least costly solution.

10. Join Date
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by number001 View Post

Looking at the pic, damage looks superficial. Don't really really know why the casa specified so many items to be repaired. But then again, I didn't see it personally.

Looks as if the airbag did not deploy.

From the insurance's point of view, having it repaired is the most straight forward and least costly solution.
    yes, the airbag did not deploy. they said the chassis has to be aligned, the door on the passenger's side can no longer be opened. the AC's no longer working. it emits just hot air. i think the tube for the freon was affected. i'm not really sure tho. this is my first car. hahaha..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast