New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Hi! I just want to ask regarding the best possible options for a car that has been repo by the bank? The thing is I want to settle for the missed payments but they already filed it.. what would be the best thing for this type of situation? Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by eleyn27 View Post
    Hi! I just want to ask regarding the best possible options for a car that has been repo by the bank? The thing is I want to settle for the missed payments but they already filed it.. what would be the best thing for this type of situation? Thanks!
    Best to first talk with the bank to see what your options are with them.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    reinstatement...pay your arrears plus penalties and bank will be amenable I think t since repossess car is another dead asset to them

4. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    I already talked to them and here are the options they presented:

a. Let the bank repo the car and sign the form saying that I am already cleared with the debt (Is there really such a thing?)
    b. Write a letter of request asking for reinstatement/consideration but I have to pay daw worth 180k lawyer fees

I read that if the bank repo'd the car, it will reflect to your bank credibility for at least 10 years...

5. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    that's what I wanted but they want me to pay 180k worth of legal fees?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    if that is the case, give it up..... since your loan is directly tied up with the car.
    next time, buy in cash.....

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by eleyn27 View Post
    I already talked to them and here are the options they presented:

a. Let the bank repo the car and sign the form saying that I am already cleared with the debt (Is there really such a thing?)
    b. Write a letter of request asking for reinstatement/consideration but I have to pay daw worth 180k lawyer fees

I read that if the bank repo'd the car, it will reflect to your bank credibility for at least 10 years...
    180l is BS....sino kausap mo sa bank? sa kanila na yun kotse...
    Last edited by shadow; July 2nd, 2013 at 02:34 PM.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Hi yung isang officer dun sa bank yung kausap ko kanina.. is that legal or really the norm in this case?

9. Join Date
    May 2006
    kung ipipilit yung 180k hayaan mo na

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hindi yata normal yung lawyer's fees being charged to you. ngayon lang ako nakadinig ng ganyan na case. ask the person you talked to for a copy of the case they filed in court. kung wala then ibig sabihin wala pa na-file, so no fees yet.

ngayon kung tutuo nga yung 180k, ask mo sarili mo: ano mas mahalaga sa iyo, 180k o pangalan mo? kung pangalan mo ang answer e di bayaran mo.

and next time (that is, 10 long years from now kung foreclosed talaga), pag may utang ka bayaran mo, on time. at huwag ka uutang na wala ka pambayad. kasi PANGALAN MO ang nakataya dyan. paano ka mag-loan para sa new house, for educational purposes, for emergencies? wala na, sira na pangalan mo nyan.

sensya na sa sermon pero you need it. madami naman members ng tsikot na may loan, pero i'm sure isang ngiti lang nila sa bank managers nila pinapautang na. dapat ganun ka din - hinahabol ng banko para pautangin, hindi hinahabol ng abogado para singilin.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast