New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Bottom line is, you lied on your claim that it was "own damage" when it was not. That is insurance fraud.

You should have
    1. Told it straight that your vehicle was hit by another and that his insurance could not cover the damage. Your insurance would then collect from the other party the difference. It will be a legal battle between your insurance vs the other guy's insurance and the other guy.
    2. Or claim ot under the offensing party's insurance then sue the other guy for the balance of 300k.

You lied. Worse, you conspired to defraud your own insurance. They have all the right to deny your claim.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by cdl View Post
    Will update you guys kung ano man kahantungan nito.. Thanks ulit sa mga advise, feedback and comments.
    Yes please, as this will serve as good information later.
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    Bottom line is, you lied on your claim that it was "own damage" when it was not. That is insurance fraud.

You should have
    1. Told it straight that your vehicle was hit by another and that his insurance could not cover the damage. Your insurance would then collect from the other party the difference. It will be a legal battle between your insurance vs the other guy's insurance and the other guy.
    2. Or claim ot under the offensing party's insurance then sue the other guy for the balance of 300k.

You lied. Worse, you conspired to defraud your own insurance. They have all the right to deny your claim.
    It may be said that "he lied technically". However, he mentioned that he didn't want to lie that he even told everything to the insurance company and showed the signed agreement.

So I would like to interpret it this way: he didn't lie and has no intention of lying but to avoid the hassle, he filed "own damage". Technically, it can be said that he lied.

This makes me think, who among us has never lied?

In my own words, I'd rather say, "you made a mistake when you filed it that way". I might have done the same thing out of ignorance and even out of exasperation "just to go over it".

Let all of us learn from this situation, call your lawyer or your insurance agent before signing any documents.

Of course, make sure you have sufficient load at all times.
    [emoji3]

3. Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by Archerfish View Post
    Yes please, as this will serve as good information later.

It may be said that "he lied technically". However, he mentioned that he didn't want to lie that he even told everything to the insurance company and showed the signed agreement.

So I would like to interpret it this way: he didn't lie and has no intention of lying but to avoid the hassle, he filed "own damage". Technically, it can be said that he lied.

This makes me think, who among us has never lied?

In my own words, I'd rather say, "you made a mistake when you filed it that way". I might have done the same thing out of ignorance and even out of exasperation "just to go over it".

Let all of us learn from this situation, call your lawyer or your insurance agent before signing any documents.

Of course, make sure you have sufficient load at all times.
    [emoji3]
    This is totally what happened. Ignorance took a toll on me. Thank you for clearing it out *Archerfish. Again guys, we did not deny/lie anything from our insurance. From Day1, we mentioned everything and the very reason why we will be using our insurance. Again, in all honesty and practicality, we used our insurance para less hassle and for bigger coverage. But then again, the mistake was signing the agreement.

Will not comment on those assuming/negative/reproachful feedbacks as the main purpose of this thread, of any threads I supposed, is to seek advise/help/guidance. Let's help each other guys by providing helpful comments. Not just for TS but for everyone reading the thread/s.

Thanks again for all your comments and suggestions. Will provide any valuable updates. Good day!

4. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    On the part of insurance naman, I think that the people you have talked to really want this to happen to you, they may have been left with no choice but to follow company rules as the circumstances have been discussed with so many people and any accommodation on your claim may mean collusion on their part. Probably if the amount wasn't that huge, then a senior manager may have the prerogative to rule in your favor.

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Correction: DO NOT really want to do this to you. Hirap talaga gawa Ng mahabang post sa phone

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Lesson learned, huwag na mag magandang loob sa nakabangga, senior citizen, PWD or kahit pa they're dying from cancer. Kahit anong pakiusap nila, claim na agad kayo sa insurance ninyo.

And huwag na rin manglamang na dapat sila magbayad ng participation saka hingi pa allowance.

Kayo talaga magbabayad ng participation hinde sila dahil kayo ang kotse ninyo ang naka insured and hinde sa kanila.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    Lesson learned, huwag na mag magandang loob sa nakabangga, senior citizen, PWD or kahit pa they're dying from cancer. Kahit anong pakiusap nila, claim na agad kayo sa insurance ninyo.

And huwag na rin manglamang na dapat sila magbayad ng participation saka hingi pa allowance.

Kayo talaga magbabayad ng participation hinde sila dahil kayo ang kotse ninyo ang naka insured and hinde sa kanila.

Wala naman talaga pakialam ang insurance kung saan galing yung participation.

Que sa insured or sa nakabangga galing yung participation fee, that's no cause for denial of claim.

First time I've heard insurance asking for the "source" of the participation fee, and denying claim because it was the nakabangga who shouldered it.

Irregular nga na naguusisa pa sila sa "source".

I don't know the contents of the agreement TS signed, but if that's the cause of this denial, then I can only guess that it must have been worded to the detriment of the insurance company?

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Wala nga pakialam kung sino magbayad pero sino ba ang naka insured hinde naman yun other Party, mag claim ka sa insursnce mo ikaw magbayad ng participation

9. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    Wala nga pakialam kung sino magbayad pero sino ba ang naka insured hinde naman yun other Party, mag claim ka sa insursnce mo ikaw magbayad ng participation

Eh kung wala ako pambayad?

Some participation fees are as high as 1% of the amount insured.

1M = 10k participation fee.

Kung yung sugar mommy ko mag-offer na magbayad?

Bad ba yun?

Kelangan ko pa ba ireport sa insurance co. na di galing sa bulsa ko ang pera?

Cause for denial na ba yun?

Fraud na ba yun?

10. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Hula ko lang ha, it was worded plainly and effectively na quits na ang nakabangga. So Wala na talagang habol ang nabangga or any of it's representatives, in this case, the insurance company

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
HELP: Commonwealth Insurance denying coverage