New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    Went over the roof of the car. The headliner was surprisingly spared though as an air pocket probably kept the water from soaking it completely. The car also did not float around unlike their neighbor's Vios which ended up partly on top of a wall and the flood water in their area was also thankfully not muddy as compared to areas like that in Marikina. The battery was also removed and had the water not risen up fast, the ECU could have been dismounted but they did not have time.

First thing the next day, the seats and carpet was removed and the car was hosed down inside and out and all the possible/reachable electrical contacts/sensors were sprayed with electric contact cleaner. When it was brought to the shop a few days after, it did not look like a flooded car with exception of the smell and moist lights.

During the repair, the car was completly disassembled and some parts i noticed to form rust (needed to be sanded down, painted and/or sprayed with silicone lubricant and contact cleaner):
    - dashboard mount brackets
    - interior bolts
    - seat mounting points and weld points
    - electrical contacts of the bulbs, connectors, switches, fuse/relay boxes

The car was first brought to the CASA but they quoted a whopping bill well over P1.0M (ayaw lang gawin :P) so it was pulled out by the insurance and brought to an accredited shop near my in-law's place (na kakilala) and we had a lot of leeway to oversee the repairs done as well.

wow. did they not offer to declare as total loss?

ako naman I called the insurance company. I asked pwede ba ideclare na total loss na lang. they said that for it to be considered total loss, the repair bill will have to be about 50 to 60% of value of car. So i called the casa, kaso 75k lang ang initial amount. that is for fluid replacements and change battery. after doing that, that is the only time they can supposedly figure out how much the total cost is going to be.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by hammerhead2 View Post
    wow. did they not offer to declare as total loss?
    What Toyota did was to just quote a replacement of all the parts that got wet without inspecting the car for its actual condition.

It was supposed to be declared a total loss but when one would inspect the car, the condition it looked to be in was hard to reconcile with what Toyota quoted so it was brought to another shop instead. In fact, when the engine was cranked the day after Ondoy to remove any water from inside, we even got to fire it up and it moved out of the garage on its own power.

They said it seems Toyota just did not want to repair the car thats why they quoted the stratospheric price... Imagine P1M for a car that cost P630K brand new.
    Last edited by vinj; January 8th, 2010 at 11:16 AM.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    This is sad but true. A car flooded up to the dashboard should be considered a total loss but we cannot. So we repair our cars.

Sa akin umabot lang ng 44K excluding replacing such luxury as the stereo and alarm. Total with these mga 52K. It is a 2004 Honda City and right now it runs rather well. For how long I don't know.

The good thing is the computer box worked right out of the flood (salamat Honda!) however the dashboard panel was busted so it had to be replaced.

Value of a flooded car up to the dashboard and over? Siguro chop-chop value nito. The parts will be worth more than the whole at this point. Marami nag bebenta ng kotse tinatago ang pagka baha and believe it or not pati mayTOYO ginawa ito. Kawawa buyer na hindi alam. Flooded car? Just say no.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    They said it seems Toyota just did not want to repair the car thats why they quoted the stratospheric price... Imagine P1M for a car that cost P630K brand new.
    nag-iisip ba sila?...
    sa bagay malaki nga ang kikitain nila.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    paglabas 2.0 altis na kotse mo. yan ang complete makeover

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by tsupermario View Post
    paglabas 2.0 altis na kotse mo. yan ang complete makeover
    Magic!

Naging urban legend na nga yung quote ng Toyota sa Insurance Brokers arm ng office ko.... sarap ipa-frame.

7. Join Date
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolHack View Post
    This is sad but true. A car flooded up to the dashboard should be considered a total loss but we cannot. So we repair our cars.

Sa akin umabot lang ng 44K excluding replacing such luxury as the stereo and alarm. Total with these mga 52K. It is a 2004 Honda City and right now it runs rather well. For how long I don't know.

The good thing is the computer box worked right out of the flood (salamat Honda!) however the dashboard panel was busted so it had to be replaced.

Value of a flooded car up to the dashboard and over? Siguro chop-chop value nito. The parts will be worth more than the whole at this point. Marami nag bebenta ng kotse tinatago ang pagka baha and believe it or not pati mayTOYO ginawa ito. Kawawa buyer na hindi alam. Flooded car? Just say no.
    hi OldSchoolHack;

did you have any problems with your A/C and did you get any electronic parts of your A/C fixed? saang shop mo pinaayos yung honda mo? Yung Civic 2001 model ko kakalabas lang sa Casa and I didnt get the A/C fixed kasi sobrang mahal singil nila, kelangan daw lahat ng parts ng A/C palitan. baka pwede ko mapa check sa shop na pina gawan mo ng city mo.

thanks

8. Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Man, somebody sold me a flooded car. Ingat nalang dito sa Glamcars. Located sa Fairview Dahlia. They claimed they don't know about it pero "automotive restoration" DAW sila. Kung ako na mas mas mas newbie pa sa cars e nalaman ko. Tsk talaga lesson learned!

9. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    ^
    May laban ka jan.....

Nasa batas na pag niloko ka eh pwede mo maisoli yan.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Fifiro View Post
    Man, somebody sold me a flooded car. Ingat nalang dito sa Glamcars. Located sa Fairview Dahlia. They claimed they don't know about it pero "automotive restoration" DAW sila. Kung ako na mas mas mas newbie pa sa cars e nalaman ko. Tsk talaga lesson learned!

blog it here for the developments,po.

so, what gave it away?
    Last edited by dr. d; July 31st, 2017 at 08:47 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Flooded Car Pricing