New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

1. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    I am very impressed with the service of my insurance agent! I got my in house insurance from Toyota Pasig but requested my agent if I can have the car repaired in Bicutan since I already had an issue with paint overspray the last time I left my car in Pasig. My agent agreed to this and coordinated with Toyota Bicutan. I was asked to submit the documents in Bicutan (Affidavit, copy of DL and copy of insurance) Bicutan then took pics of my car.

This is the damage. Small paint damage in the fender, bumper and mags

1. Fender damage

2. Front Bumper Damage

3. Mags Damage

Taken on the day of the accident:

As you could see, these are barely visible, I am just VERY finicky about my paint since I detail my car as my past time.

I took the car in at August 1 and also requested that they look for the rattling in the front dash of the car. The casa informed me that the car was ready for pick up on August 11. Because of the terrible weather, I was able to claim it is August 13.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Imagine my surprise when I saw the service billing:

They replaced the mags! It only had a scratch and I was expecting them to just buff it off. It was just orange paint transfer.

How much was my participation fee?

The only NEGATIVE was my trunk did have overspray! But my service advisor had this fixed immediately. I think the whole car had faint overspray but I did not want them to do any more rubbing, I think I could fix this with KAIO, only the trunk and rear bumper needed rubbing compound.

When I got home I opened the trunk to return my stuff (clothes, water, shoes, emergency kit etc). I saw a huge box:

I can't believe that they replaced the mags for a small scratch, and they even gave me the old one!

I am very happy with my claim. It was the first time I ever made a claim in my entire driving life (which is more than half of my life) and it was a hassle free experience Well, except for the part where they oversprayed my car again. I guess it's a casa thing...
    Last edited by _Cathy_; August 14th, 2016 at 10:52 PM.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Usually when insurance replace a part, they take the old (damaged) one.

Yung spare mo ba same as the one installed? Not a donut type?

Baka kase kinabit yung spare? Hehe

So all in all you have 6 OEM rims? 4 installed, 1 spare and 1 damaged?

If that's the case panalo ka nga!

Parang naaalala ko Lang last week you are ranting kasi antagal mo bago nakuha car mo for a minor repaint job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by cast_no_shadow View Post
    Usually when insurance replace a part, they take the old (damaged) one.

Yung spare mo ba same as the one installed? Not a donut type?

Baka kase kinabit yung spare? Hehe

So all in all you have 6 OEM rims? 4 installed, 1 spare and 1 damaged?

If that's the case panalo ka nga!

Parang naaalala ko Lang last week you are ranting kasi antagal mo bago nakuha car mo for a minor repaint job.

If you look at the service billing, they charged for new mags and I have a brand new box for mags with the damaged one inside. Yung "damaged" mags ko paint transfer lang, kaya naman i detail yun, dunno why they replaced.

I don't think it would make sense to charge the insurance for mags and install my spare. Fraud yun on casa's part. I never checked my spare since I bought the car but my assumption is the spare is not OEM diba?
    Last edited by _Cathy_; August 14th, 2016 at 11:02 PM.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    If you look at the service billing, they charged for new mags and I have a brand new box for mags with the damaged one inside.

I don't think it would make sense to charge the insurance for mags and install my spare. Fraud yun on casa's part. I never checked my spare since I bought the car but my assumption is the spare is not OEM diba?
    Missed the billing part, yup new nga yan!

Sulit ka sa insurance mo!

6. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Overpriced naman yung P28k for 1 magwheel

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Overpriced naman yung P28k for 1 magwheel
    everything is overpriced in the casa.
    errr... are you sure they did not replace your other mags as well?
    ang alam ko kasi, the casa will sell me mags only in sets of 4.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Wow, free mags.

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    I don't know because they only returned 1. Maybe that is why it took a long time because they only needed 1? But 28k is too much for just 1

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    I don't know because they only returned 1. Maybe that is why it took a long time because they only needed 1? But 28k is too much for just 1

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk
    well, they did once charge me 700 bucks for a bulb that can be purchased for 25 bucks in pasay rotonda.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast