New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Good to hear, sana ganyan din ang makuha kong response from BDO. Halos pareho tayo ng damages, except for the mags. From Side of front fender going to second door panel.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ts1n1ta View Post
    hahaba na naman... hehehe

edit: respect on the road. yep that's the keyword.
    400k repair bill? may i ask what car is this some insurance would just replace the car and consider this a total loss. moreso if the cost of repairs is > half the market value of the car

Sent from my Thrill 430x using Tapatalk 2

3. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    BDOI advised me the same stuff, take pictures, issue an affidavit then submit to BDOI claims office together with a letter of claim assistance. It's just you asking them to help in the processing of your claim as evidenced by the pics and affidavit. They will in turn contact your insurance company and an adjuster will call you to set a date for the vehicle damage assessment. On the day of the accident I immediately brought my vehicle to the dealership and asked my SA to prepare an estimate for the insurance company's reference costing. The dealership will advise you w/c branch of theirs will do the repairs/replacement. Ask the dealer to work out the damage repairs with the adjuster so you don't get short changed. The adjuster will give the whole nine yards about them being restricted to what is classified as repairable and replaceable, That is their job. Just tell them it is unfortunate that this incident happened to you but this will also give you a chance to test the insurance company's credibility and support. Tell them you believe that they can give in to your request as they were chosen as a trusted partner of BDOI especially in cases like this. Insist that the replacement is necessary as it will diminish your car's market value since it is brand new. I sent a letter of request again to BDOI claims this time to support me on my quest to have the necessary parts replaced so as to retain my vehicles integrity and value. I told BDOI that their support will strengthen my belief on the kind of business I get from them. Oh, one of the key things that helped in this situation is the fact that I paid for my insurance in full at the start of the contract. I somehow felt the danger of motorists temperament and demeanor nowadays so I had to make sure I got full and unquestionable coverage. Try to exhaust all means to get details of the accident if you can like CCTV footage if there are any or witness account of the incident and include them in your affidavit. I suggest you contact your dealer and your loan officer asap while time is on your side. Your affidavit must be prepared and submitted soon so you can go on with the processing of your claims. :thumbup:

4. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by sirkosero View Post
    400k repair bill? may i ask what car is this some insurance would just replace the car and consider this a total loss. moreso if the cost of repairs is > half the market value of the car

It's not even half the market value of my car Sir, that's just around 15%. If the TS' insurance is full coverage and is paid in full then he should have no problem getting his claim. If we can't get the "necessary" replacements we are covered to begin with then that defeats the purpose of full coverage. You must negotiate sternly with these folks as you gave them your business trust at the start of the deal so it is only fitting that you claim it when necessity calls for it.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by willyfernando View Post
    It's not even half the market value of my car Sir, that's just around 15%. If the TS' insurance is full coverage and is paid in full then he should have no problem getting his claim. If we can't get the "necessary" replacements we are covered to begin with then that defeats the purpose of full coverage. You must negotiate sternly with these folks as you gave them your business trust at the start of the deal so it is only fitting that you claim it when necessity calls for it.
    may i ask, what car are we talking about?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    It's a Honda Pilot 2013. It's the one I posted in a different thread.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    since the pilot is not a common vehicle, agree in demanding replacement panels instead of having the damage repaired.

buti madali mo nakausap insurance mo sir

8. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by sirkosero View Post
    since the pilot is not a common vehicle, agree in demanding replacement panels instead of having the damage repaired.

buti madali mo nakausap insurance mo sir

I've had the same fears as the TS but i had to think of it this way, They convinced us and assured us that if we get full coverage we have nothing to worry about. We paid them in full and if ever we do survive w/o an accident or any incident of any sort during the year of coverage then the insurance company is lucky. It is our basic instinct to shy away from accidents to avoid the hassles of repairs. Therefore the chances of the insurance company spending for repairs in a 10 year period of coverage would probably be in the vicinity of 10-30%. I would like to take full advantage of this deal when and if ever incidents like this happen as this is the only time we win against our yearly bet with the insurance company. Besides, if full coverage can guarantee a total car replacement why won't it work for choice cuts w/c in my view is just BS by the Insurance companies. It's not the fine print that you have to worry about. It's being suckered into an agreement that you don't understand very well that will hit you in the face. I chose to use the assurance of my bank w/c handled my business trust to begin with. If they screw this deal then not only will I be pissed off but I will also withdraw all my bank dealings with them and they can't risk that. They would never allow a simple insurance claim ruin our good relationship.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123