New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    This week is the renewal of my unit for LTO registration. I still did not receive my CTPL insurance policy because it is still on the process but when the insurance company email me about the correctness of the engine number, I notice there was something wrong on the engine number. Instead of WLTA *****5, they encode WLAT *****5. The T and A was interchange and the correct one is WLTA*****5. The insurance company said that when they confirmed it on LTO online, the confirmation was on WLAT****5, not on WLTA****5! I send them all the stencil copy on the LTO form and stencil copy using carbon and it is very clear that it is WLTA****5. The insurance said that it is clerical error on the part of LTO. The question now is, what shall I do?

We do not know accident will happen every now and then even though how much careful we are on the road, and when it happens and upon perusal of the papers the insurance will deny payment because of the error, that would be a loss on my part. I hope it will not happen.

Any advice on this?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    go to LTO, have them stencil it, and point out the error.
    pero i think may mga underlying processes pa yan.... baka kailangan pang kumuha ng TMG clearance. pero not sure.
    better ask the LTO office.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Magarac View Post
    This week is the renewal of my unit for LTO registration. I still did not receive my CTPL insurance policy because it is still on the process but when the insurance company email me about the correctness of the engine number, I notice there was something wrong on the engine number. Instead of WLTA *****5, they encode WLAT *****5. The T and A was interchange and the correct one is WLTA*****5. The insurance company said that when they confirmed it on LTO online, the confirmation was on WLAT****5, not on WLTA****5! I send them all the stencil copy on the LTO form and stencil copy using carbon and it is very clear that it is WLTA****5. The insurance said that it is clerical error on the part of LTO. The question now is, what shall I do?

We do not know accident will happen every now and then even though how much careful we are on the road, and when it happens and upon perusal of the papers the insurance will deny payment because of the error, that would be a loss on my part. I hope it will not happen.

Any advice on this?
    Check your Certificate of Registration, if the engine number does not match with the actual number, 1D4LV is probably right. You'll have to go through the process of having the numbers changed similar to a change of engine transaction. Even though it was the LTO's mistake, they cannot change their records without going through the process. You'll likely be asked to come out with an Affidavit for the reason or need to change the number, TMG/Crime lab Macro-etch certification and other documents.

If you bought this from a dealer, it might be better to ask them to work out the correction. They ought to have checked and made sure the documentation was correct.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Magarac View Post

Any advice on this?
    you need to file for RSU (request system update) ...you need to go where the mother file is, then go to LTO east ave for correction of the error...matagal na processo yan, if I'm not mistaken 1-3 mos....