New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Hi everyone, I'm planning on getting a car loan to buy my first car (bnew). The bank has offered me free chattel mortgage and insurance for the first year, provided I renew my insurance with them for the 2nd and 3rd year, the bank quoted me 25k and 22k (2nd and 3rd year) and participation fees for the 1st to 3rd year are as estimated to be 5k, 4.2k+, 3.8k+. My question is, is this the usual insurance and participation fee for brand new cars? I'm planning on getting the Altis 1.6V btw.

Any reviews with Charter Ping An?

Thank you.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Seems good enough to me, more so if it comes with AON, I assume the car is worth 1M. Participation seems to fit the 1/2 of 1% of insured amount standard.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by papi smith View Post
    Seems good enough to me, more so if it comes with AON, I assume the car is worth 1M. Participation seems to fit the 1/2 of 1% of insured amount standard.
    Yes Sir, they gave me a sample form (though the car is different, the price is the one closest to my car of choice) with the computation of participation fees and insurance and it says there that insurance for 2nd and 3rd year comes with AON (will need to make sure with the bank though). Thank you for the response.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by ericb View Post
    Hi everyone, I'm planning on getting a car loan to buy my first car (bnew). The bank has offered me free chattel mortgage and insurance for the first year, provided I renew my insurance with them for the 2nd and 3rd year, the bank quoted me 25k and 22k (2nd and 3rd year) and participation fees for the 1st to 3rd year are as estimated to be 5k, 4.2k+, 3.8k+. My question is, is this the usual insurance and participation fee for brand new cars? I'm planning on getting the Altis 1.6V btw.

Thank you.
    The amounts sound about right. From experience, okay naman Charter Ping An. I answered this same question in another thread about insurance yesterday

If this is Metrobank, I highly recommend their Shaw branch, the one in S&R. Gave me a good deal (matched the lowest interest rate I found, adjusted my loan amount etc etc) and they were very accommodating, especially the branch manager.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by kai s. View Post
    The amounts sound about right. From experience, okay naman Charter Ping An. I answered this same question in another thread about insurance yesterday

If this is Metrobank, I highly recommend their Shaw branch, the one in S&R. Gave me a good deal (matched the lowest interest rate I found, adjusted my loan amount etc etc) and they were very accommodating, especially the branch manager.

Yes Sir Metrobank (Emerald Ave.) sya, unfortunately sya yung pinaka mababang rate na napagtanungan ko so di ako sure kung makakahingi pa ba ako ng adjustment :P May promo sila ngayon, pag promo ba pwede pa humingi ng adjustment? Ano ano pa pwede i-negotiate pag bank-financing na may promo?

6. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    anyone here recently applied for a BPI car loan? Hindi ba talaga nila fnfree ang chattel mortgage? TIA

7. Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by ericb View Post

Thank you.
    the participation fee kung ok ba o hindi depends on the type of car na bibilhin mo. For a sedan, parang mahal yan.

Nabili mo na ba yung unit?

8. Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by champlm View Post
    the participation fee kung ok ba o hindi depends on the type of car na bibilhin mo. For a sedan, parang mahal yan.

Hindi pa Chief, pero karamihan naman sa napagtanungan ko (forums and personal friends) eh sabi nila mukhang reasonable naman for a bnew sedan.

Sir ohwtfitzsean, try to inquire sa metrobank sir, may free chattel/insurance (di kasama LTO, pero pwede makuha ng free sa dealer) sila hanggang July 9. Dun po kasi ako nag inquire e. Sayang yung promo ng security bank natapos na few months ago. Sana makatulong kahit paano

9. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by champlm View Post

Participation is usually 0.5% of insured amount. So 4-5k is normal for a 1M car.

Some insurance companies offer 0.25% participation but that's the exception and not the norm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by kai s. View Post

Sir gud day po. Ask po anong unit ng sasakyan or saan dealer nyo na may maganda deal?

Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast