New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    based on my experience with my insurance broker, we always settle the insured value ng car sa FMV as per his advise. kasi if you will increase the price of the insured vehicle, tataas ang premium mo BUT once you make such claim (total wreck) sa FMV pa din mag base yung insurance. another tricky part pa ay say jan '12 ka nagpa insure ng car mo at a price of 1M then na wreck ang car mo after 6 months hiondi mo na makukuha yung 1M na insured value kasi depreciated na uli ang car mo in a span of months UNLESS na wreck ang car mo on the same month mga docs fee lang ang ibabawas sa insured value.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    insured value was set by the insurance when i got the policy. anyway, nakausap ko na sila ulit. i guess the amount given can be stretched by another 5k if willing to wait pa ako. she said it has to undergo the cycle again. di daw nya kaya ipa-approve insured value because:
    a. they have to consider depreciation cost (5 months after the policy was paid)
    b. adjuster's assessed value of the vehicle is very close to the FMV they got. difference of 500 pesos lang daw.

bottom line, i signed the offer. check will be ready by monday.

TS: hope your claim is moving as well. good luck!

3. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    normally how many days ang processing kapag nagfile ng claim?almost 2 weeks na di pa din naapprubahan claim ko...e ang liit lang ng damage..till now nasa processing pa daw..

i asked them kung ganun ba talaga katagal and according to them e hindi naman daw, nataon lang na madami nagclaim daw nung habagat.so not sure kung dahilan lang yun or talagang matagal.first time ko kasi magclaim sa insurance e..

4. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    normally how many days ang processing kapag nagfile ng claim?almost 2 weeks na di pa din naapprubahan claim ko...e ang liit lang ng damage..till now nasa processing pa daw..

i asked them kung ganun ba talaga katagal and according to them e hindi naman daw, nataon lang na madami nagclaim daw nung habagat.so not sure kung dahilan lang yun or talagang matagal.first time ko kasi magclaim sa insurance e..

5. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by mark_t View Post
    You always have an Agent. There will be a serial number in your policy identifying your Agent.
    Broker, Agent, Intermediary, etc there is always a person behind these names.

The insurance industry is a regulated industry, hindi kayo puede gawing ''tanga".

And your agent can not avoid work by avoiding you and hiding by saying you are a "direct."

That is just crap.

Call your insurer and ask your agent to call you.
    What if you haven't talked to the agent/serial number in the policy yet, and you already forwarded your claim docs to the bank as the bank will forward it to the insurer. If we try to contact this said agent/serial number, will he/she instruct me to submit again the necessary docs for claims? Or he/she can check with the insurer if I have already submitted my docs and he/she can take over for me from there?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Lapella View Post
    What if you haven't talked to the agent/serial number in the policy yet, and you already forwarded your claim docs to the bank as the bank will forward it to the insurer. If we try to contact this said agent/serial number, will he/she instruct me to submit again the necessary docs for claims? Or he/she can check with the insurer if I have already submitted my docs and he/she can take over for me from there?
    1. You only submit claims document or files once.
    Atleast 2 copies, 1 for your insurer and 1 for your file time stamped RECEIVED.
    2. Your servicing agent takes it from there.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    We finally have a claim with BPI-MS. Participation at Php5392.50
    For a broken windshield they are offering us PHP 3,107.05 cash settlement.

On a average claim of around 50kplus for a broken windshield, aba inu ungoy ata ako nito.

So CASA repair na lang parts plus labor pa.
    Last edited by mark_t; July 9th, 2013 at 02:13 PM.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by mark_t View Post
    We finally have a claim with BPI-MS. Participation at Php5392.50
    For a broken windshield they are offering us PHP 3,107.05 cash settlement.

On a average claim of around 50kplus for a broken windshield, aba inu ungoy ata ako nito.

So CASA repair na lang parts plus labor pa.
    dapat tinakot mo na magsusumbong ka sa insurance commission. kaya nga sila nandiyan di ba para sagutin yung actual costs kapag kailangan na

9. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    No need, ipasok ko na lang sa Casa, I have just received the repair estimate of 70,114php from the dealer.

Pray it does not break again.
    Last edited by mark_t; July 9th, 2013 at 07:35 PM.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    For Car and House Insurance, the best deals are with MAPFRE Insular Insurance Corporation. Get comprehensive protection for the assets you worked hard for. Recover from the unexpected, and prepare for the future. PM me for any inquiries or assistance. And for those who are renewing their car registration, Compulsory Third Party Liability (CTPL) should only cost Php560, don't get hustled out there!

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast