New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Can someone elaborate this please

I can only understand it, by surrendering my car to them in exchange for a new unit, low appraisal value. I understand the basic stuff but what am I really dealing here?

TIA!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    basically business.
    they will get your old car for a new one.... and they will appraise your old car low, so pwede pa nila ibenta at market prices. the value of your low appraised old car will be applied as downpayment.
    they earn from the new car and they earn from your old car.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    benta nyo nalang yung old car using market value para iwas lugi.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2012
    It usually means, get ready to bend over.

On a more serious note, I think the local market is ready for used car lots like car max that deals with newer models.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

5. Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by 1D4LV View Post
    basically business.
    they will get your old car for a new one.... and they will appraise your old car low, so pwede pa nila ibenta at market prices. the value of your low appraised old car will be applied as downpayment.
    they earn from the new car and they earn from your old car.
    Hi, in case the appraised value of my car is more than to the downpayment of the chosen car, will they give me the excess? or my old car basically will serve as a dp? thanks again!

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Zac_español View Post
    Hi, in case the appraised value of my car is more than to the downpayment of the chosen car, will they give me the excess? or my old car basically will serve as a dp? thanks again!
    They will give back the excess.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    if you have the time, and you don't mind talking to people, you can sell your car yourself and get more money for it..
    but many prefer the casa trade-in...

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    less hassle kasi ang casa trade in, sign ka lang ng deed of sale and that's it. and in my experience the appraisal is higher than from used car dealers. konti lang naman, maybe 5k more/100k worth. so kung ang tawad ng used car dealership is 300k sa casa nasa 320k. sayang din pang mods. pero syempre mas maganda ang price pag private buyer. yung 320k trade-in priced na car e mabebenta mo ng 400-450k yan, same price ng bentahan sa used car.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    from what i understand, that used car the casa accepts as "trade in", is then passed on to the used car dealers.
    so the reason why used car dealers give lower rates to private car owners selling their used cars directly to them, is because they believe the owner is not aware of what's going on.
    if we assert ourselves, we may be able to get a better price, selling to the used car dealers instead of the casa.

but i find it much, much easier to talk to the casa guys than to the used car dealers..
    Last edited by dr. d; August 8th, 2014 at 06:35 PM.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    and the sales agent can be the one to sell your car
    i see it in sulit.com for ex. a mitsubishi slaes person selling a used toyota

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast