New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by crosswind View Post
    and the sales agent can be the one to sell your car
    i see it in sulit.com for ex. a mitsubishi slaes person selling a used toyota
    and i seem to feel, that the casa will give a better trade-in price, if the car being traded in, is their brand and not the competition's..

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    There are casas that have used car dealerships. One example is the Laus group who pretty much have their finger dipping in every pie. Toyota also have their certified pre-owned cars. These generally offer better trade-in prices than those who don't have their own used car dealership.

3. Join Date
    May 2005
    Dealership trade-ins is very convenient for car owners. No need to look for buyers. Get a credit on vehicle value immediately. But that convenience has a price.

If one is not in a rush, a much better price can be attained by selling the vehicle yourself.

As an example: Back in 2005, I had the dealer assess a 95 Civic ESI M/T w/ less than 60K kms mileage. Dealer offered 90K (trade-in value) which is absolutely ridiculous. Eventually sold the vehicle by myself to a private buyer for 195K.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Those are indeed helpful inputs. Thanks guys!

They said that if you bring your car to the same car brand that you have, the appraisal value is higher that to their competitors? Can anyone confirm.. thanks!

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Zac_español View Post
    Hi, in case the appraised value of my car is more than to the downpayment of the chosen car, will they give me the excess? or my old car basically will serve as a dp? thanks again!
    they can give you the excess. but you can always give them the excess. pampabawas monthly amortization....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12