New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    he did mention he has comprehensive insurance.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Sorry I might have used the wrong term, I was thinking CTPL as comprehensive TPL, not compulsory

And yes, the issue is exactly that I had to pay extra on top of my own participation fee, though it's also a fair point na positive ang not having to deal with them anymore.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by polemicducky View Post
    And yes, the issue is exactly that I had to pay extra on top of my own participation fee, though it's also a fair point na positive ang not having to deal with them anymore.
    Think of the driver din... Yes gagawin ng insurance yung taxi pero during the repair, walang kikitahin yung driver.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    i also think good deal na less stress and 2.5k is cheap for participation. yun iba 3k or above yun minimum meron pa nga percentage.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post
    That scenario is normal with PUVs...

Baka nga di pa nila paayos yung bangga until the next LTO inspection/meter sealing.
    Oo nga naisip ko rin 'to haha possible ibulsa lang

Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post
    Think of the driver din... Yes gagawin ng insurance yung taxi pero during the repair, walang kikitahin yung driver.
    I also understand this point, and it might also be a reason for them to delay the repair.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by babkalakal View Post
    i also think good deal na less stress and 2.5k is cheap for participation. yun iba 3k or above yun minimum meron pa nga percentage.
    This is really a good price considering that my participation fee is less than 11,000 Pesos. It would have been better if you have insisted on using your insurance.

On the other hand, you no longer have to deal with them which is a great thing. I mean, imagine the hassle. So I think everything is fine with what you have done.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by polemicducky View Post
    Hi guys

I was hoping to get some advice for my situation. I recently got into an accident with a taxi, and all things considered, I admit I'm at fault.
    The thing is, even though I already told the driver and the operator that the vehicle would be fixed under my comprehensive insurance, they didn't want to accept this because of the "abala" of going through the insurance process, when they could just have it fixed at their neighborhood talyer for much quicker. Note the damage to the taxi wasn't THAT bad, it doesn't prevent the taxi driver from being used.

We were discussing for about an hour, but eventually I got tired because I needed to be somewhere else so I just gave them 2500 to have it fixed themselves, after some haggling.

My question: I'm fairly certain the proper thing to do would have been to have it filed under insurance, otherwise what's the point of getting CTPL if no one's going to use it anyway due to perceived inconvenience, right? But how to deal with this situation?

Thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
    I would:

1) Not admit anything, unless I'm in front of a judge
    2) Get all relevant docs (Police report, ORCRs, drivers license, contract details, etc)
    3) Leave the police station
    4) Submit all docs to my insurance
    5) My insurance will have my car and the Taxi repaired

What? Do you think they can hold you? Do you think they will suit? Do you think Taxis have comprehensive insurance?

8. Join Date
    Oct 2018
    In most cases, your insurance will cover the costs of minor damage to your engine as the result of an accident... Insurance isn't designed to repair damage due to the normal wear and tear of your car. It won't provide coverage for mechanical failures or damage caused due to lack of maintenance.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2019
    guys just asking lang po. pls give your suggestions and opinion.
    nag ka accident po si misis laat july 7,2019. kunting crash in front lang nag kiss lang ang bumper nung car namin sa ford driver door side. nung natapos ang police sa schematics nya tas nag reverse na sila misis kita naman na wala talagang galos ang ford yung amin ang meron sa bumper kasi sa step board talaga tumama ang bumper nang car ni misis. so to make story short may police report na. for almost a month ala kaming narinig sa driver nung ford. kasi sabi nya dati ipapa check daw niya sa ford ang door nila. din just last week of july nag message na 10k daw ang quote nang ford. so nag ask si misis sa mga ducs para e claim namin sa insurance namin ang gagamitin. but as of this message written wala na namang news sa ford driver. sa tagal na wala pa rin balita sa kanila. what if may ibang nagyari sa car nila din kami na ang mag suffer insurance na namin ang magbabayad. nag ask na si misis lahat nung papers alang bingay kahit picture sa car nila if talagang bang may damage. ang mali lang ni misis di niya nakunan nang picture nung time nang accident ang ford driver door side. pero kita naman talaga na walang galos sa daah cam din namin may video naka lock naman ang video nun di ba di naman ma overwrite yun tama ba.
    pls give your ideas and opinions on this.
    soort medyu mahaba ang message.
    thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by wenz_vios 1.3 x View Post
    guys just asking lang po. pls give your suggestions and opinion.
    nag ka accident po si misis laat july 7,2019. kunting crash in front lang nag kiss lang ang bumper nung car namin sa ford driver door side. nung natapos ang police sa schematics nya tas nag reverse na sila misis kita naman na wala talagang galos ang ford yung amin ang meron sa bumper kasi sa step board talaga tumama ang bumper nang car ni misis. so to make story short may police report na. for almost a month ala kaming narinig sa driver nung ford. kasi sabi nya dati ipapa check daw niya sa ford ang door nila. din just last week of july nag message na 10k daw ang quote nang ford. so nag ask si misis sa mga ducs para e claim namin sa insurance namin ang gagamitin. but as of this message written wala na namang news sa ford driver. sa tagal na wala pa rin balita sa kanila. what if may ibang nagyari sa car nila din kami na ang mag suffer insurance na namin ang magbabayad. nag ask na si misis lahat nung papers alang bingay kahit picture sa car nila if talagang bang may damage. ang mali lang ni misis di niya nakunan nang picture nung time nang accident ang ford driver door side. pero kita naman talaga na walang galos sa daah cam din namin may video naka lock naman ang video nun di ba di naman ma overwrite yun tama ba.
    pls give your ideas and opinions on this.
    soort medyu mahaba ang message.
    thanks

Nag drawing yung police? Then hindi ba ginawan police report? Kasama sa documentation yung pictures.

Bakit wala?

Naka write protect naman na pala dashcam clip, okay na yan. Still mas okay if may kasama na picturea yung documentation.

Baka pinagawa na lang ni Ford owner?

Or like you said wala naman talaga damages kaya hinayaan na lang.

Don’t lose sleep hehe

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast