New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Bravoexo View Post
    She has to have arrived in the country within 90 days of the accident. ** per searching
    My friend in LTO says limit is only 1month upon date of arrival in Passport. Beyond that, He/She is technically driving with invalid license.

Then, you have to apply for international drivers license na sa AAP in Erod. QC to drive in PH.

It's around 4k pesos ata, then valid sya for 1 year. I used this when I drove in Japan for the mario kart.. LOL.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Based sa story mo, mukang malaki ang damage. If so, try mo baka kaya total loss.

Wala kase peace of mind sa ganyan heavy repair na. Baka affected na structural integrity.

Also, sure ka ba sa story ng driver? Baka naman gawa-gawa lang niya yun at self-accident talaga.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Total loss is considered if the repair cost is 80% of vehicle's value ...

4. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    And if it's declared a total loss, the decent thing to do for the person who recked your 11 month old car is to shoulder the remaining amount to replace it with a brand new one.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Thank you all for the encouraging replies! I aggregated all of your advice and filed a claim. It turns out a dear friend of my mom is an agent, and so he facilitated the reporting. We secured the driver affidafit, certified copies of the driver's US license, a copy of the passport and itinerary to corroborate her valid tourist stay (and thus valid authority to drive), and we're now waiting to submit after the holiday weekend is over. The agent reassured me that we would be taken care of; so here's praying!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Jul 2017
    An addendum: as for the total loss conversation, the estimates put repairs at close to 500k, and so I unfortunately do not think getting a new vehicle is in the cards at this time. We'll see what the powers that be say. And as to whether or not the story is true, since I'm far away, I have no way to prove things one way or the other. So I'll just have to take their word for it.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by servantguy View Post
    An addendum: as for the total loss conversation, the estimates put repairs at close to 500k, and so I unfortunately do not think getting a new vehicle is in the cards at this time. We'll see what the powers that be say. And as to whether or not the story is true, since I'm far away, I have no way to prove things one way or the other. So I'll just have to take their word for it.

Sa damaged na dinescribe mo (wala bang picture?) around 500k nga yan.
    I clear molang sa gumawa ng estimate kung replace side doors and fenders.
    Pag hindi mo binantayan, mamasilyahan lang pero sa estimate, "replace" ang nakalagay.
    Kung "replace" lahat ng damage parts at least malapit lapit sa brand new.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by glenn_duke View Post
    Sa damaged na dinescribe mo (wala bang picture?) around 500k nga yan.
    I clear molang sa gumawa ng estimate kung replace side doors and fenders.
    Pag hindi mo binantayan, mamasilyahan lang pero sa estimate, "replace" ang nakalagay.
    Kung "replace" lahat ng damage parts at least malapit lapit sa brand new.
    Chances are tataas pa yang estimate once they start dismantling parts for further checking of damage.

Casa pa? Malamang replace agad yan hehe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    based on the description, they will probably replace entire assemblies like the entire front fender, and the front and rear doors. maybe even the front bumper and grille.
    if you can source them yourself and not rely on the casa, you may be able to save a huge bundle.

i do not know if you can, but some folks hire "parts hunters" to do their sourcing for them.
    Last edited by dr. d; June 16th, 2018 at 10:33 AM.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    based on the description, they will probably replace entire assemblies like the entire front fender, and the front and rear doors. maybe even the front bumper and grille.
    if you can source them yourself and not rely on the casa, you may be able to save a huge bundle.

i do not know if you can, but some folks hire "parts hunters" to do their sourcing for them.
    But this is an insurance claim so as I understand, no need to source them yourself and "save" a few since the claimant will only pay participation fee once claim is approved. Right?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast