New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Hi folks,

Been a while since I've been here, I hope everyone is doing well!

In any case, not so good news. I've tried to comb through the insurance postings but I'm having trouble finding parallels to my current situation. So I submit my query to the tribe: some guidance please? This will be my first insurance claim if ever, and I'm not really sure how to proceed for the best possible outcome.

My baby (a '17 Toyota Fort 2.4 V) is about to hit 1 year in 2 weeks, but unfortunately she got into her biggest accident yet before her birthday. Here are the details:

1) Naga City area / highway driving
    2) I wasn't driving - someone else unrelated to me was. I wasn't even there (I'm overseas presently).
    3) I'm told that a car headed the opposite way on the highway veered out of lane. The driver of my baby tried to avoid said car but overreacted, scraping the entire right side of the vehicle, from foglight all the way through the rear quarter panel. Said car didn't stop, so we have no idea who this person is.

4) Key damage points:

a) Lost fog light and front grille elements, including the license plate
    b) Scraped R passenger side fender
    c) Smashed passenger side rear view mirror/side mirror
    d) Shattered passenger side window - it's completely gone
    e) crumpled right side door panels, both front and rear
    f) crumpled right side rear quarter panel

5) I have UCPB Gen insurance, comprehensive.
    6) I'm about to have my baby estimated at the Toyota CASA for repairs

I don't know whether the circumstances of the incident limit my recourse in terms of insurance, but could the wise minds of the Tsikot community give me some insight on what my options are please?

I appreciate the help; I have no clue how the claims process works in Manila, sadly. Thank you in advance.

2. Join Date
    May 2014
    ^may police report ba?
    maayos naman kausap ucpb gen, mas mabilis pa vs bpi MS; though OK din naman ang bps in my experience, medyo mabagal lang.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    just make an affidavit, declaring it as "self-accident", in the hands of an authorized driver, incurred while avoiding a wayward vehicle.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Make sure the insurance payments are up to date ... File the claim ASAP ...

5. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Just bring your car to your dealer then they assess the damages after that they require police report, affidavit and your updated insurance policy. If they have all replacement parts available thats great if not you gonna wait for a month for it.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    There should be no problem in terms of making a claim in this situation.

As Dr. D said, an affidavit will do.

As Walter said, insurance payments should be updated, if these are in installments, the entire balance is due and demandable, so simply settling it is good.

Then do what Maxp says, then sit back and relax

7. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Agree on this. Make sure you emphasize the "authorized" driver part.

Kung ilagay mo yung "unrelated" driver part sa affidavit mo, malamang ideny pa yung claim
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    just make an affidavit, declaring it as "self-accident", in the hands of an authorized driver, incurred while avoiding a wayward vehicle.
    Sent from my MI MAX 2 using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    And make sure the driver's license of the driver is current. Otherwise problema yan at denied agad

do what you gotta do so you can do what you wanna do

9. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    File agad or notify the insurance.

May experience ako with UCPB Gen, denied claim ko due to late reporting.

Honest mistake on my part, hindi ko alam yung policy na yun. Pag binasa mo policy wala din ganun stipulated.

General rule daw kasi yun across all (can anyone attest?)

Minor claim lang so nilet go ko na lang.

Oo notarised affidavit will do. I do hope may valid DL si authorized driver mo.

Baon ng mahabang pasensiya, may paperworks yan then issue si insurance ng LOA. Sana magkasundo agad sila sa estimates, minsan kasi yun ang nakakatagal.

To add if may parts na papalitan then yung pila sa loob ng casa for repairs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by cast_no_shadow; June 12th, 2018 at 12:48 PM.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by cast_no_shadow View Post
    Sana magkasundo agad sila sa estimates, minsan kasi yun ang nakakatagal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Maybe you should ask UCPB if the casa is "accredited". well, all casa's are qualified under the policy, but in my experience, there are casa's which already have agreed rates with certain insurers. I noticed in my LOA, that the estimates were scaled down and that there were standard discounts on parts deducted, the SA took a quick look at it and asked me, kelan nyo ho ipapasok?

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast