New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    To those of you out there who have tried Wonder Lube, could you please confirm if it really works as advertised. Is it true that it saves you up to 25% on fuel, prolongs oil change, reduces toxic emissions, restores power, prolongs engine life, etc.?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by roy_roger View Post
    To those of you out there who have tried Wonder Lube, could you please confirm if it really works as advertised. Is it true that it saves you up to 25% on fuel, prolongs oil change, reduces toxic emissions, restores power, prolongs engine life, etc.?
    the only proven thing about wonder lube it is has this certain ability to make your wallet lighter & thinner every time you use the product in your vehicle.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    ^^ hahaha :bwahaha: argree!

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    why spend P150-P300 on a fuel additive that promises to extend mileage when u can use that money to buy fuel instead?

-----

Fuel additive (cost P150-P300) = extend mileage (di pa sure yan)

Additional 2 to 4 liters fuel (P120-P240) = extend mileage guaranteed

5. Join Date
    May 2006
    The reason why it is called 'Wonder Lube' is because people 'wonder' whether it really works or not

6. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    fuel additive po ba ang wonder lube? i thought oil additive po....

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by nameless411 View Post
    fuel additive po ba ang wonder lube? i thought oil additive po....
    Well, it is a motor oil additive that has "claims" to reduce fuel consumption by increasing the lubricating power of your engine's oil.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    ay mali!

i was thinking of that local fuel additive that's made from plant oils

9. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Guys, correct me if I’m wrong but I think savings computation should be done this way.

• original duration of oil change = 3000 km
    • oil change duration after using wonderlube = let’s say it increased to 4000 km
    • Let’s say, changing oil incl labor costs P1,200
    • Savings = (1200/3000 – 1200/4000) = P0.10/km or P400 for every 4000 km

Add fuel savings of 25%

• Let’s say, originally fuel consumption was 8km/li or P7.50/km
    • 25% savings would be P1.875/km or P7,500 for every 4000 km

Thus, gross savings for every 4000 km would be 7,500 + 400 = P7,900
    Deduct cost of wonderlube = say P800 (I’m not sure how much) per oil change then we get a net savings of P7,100 between oil changes or equivalent to P1.775/km.

Add the extra benefits of prolonging engine life, increased engine power, minimized emission of harmful gases and smoke, smoother engine, etc.

It would be great to use Wonder Lube but only if their claims are true, of course.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    I have not tried wonder lube, but I have doubts about its ability to save fuel. For 1 thing, AFAIK, there have been no independent lab test that have confirmed its claims. 2. The US EPA have tested a lot of so called additives and have not found 1 to work. Some of the brands that I recall are, Duralube, Motor Up, Z Max etc.... Just google it. If you really want to try, its your money.

To save fuel, use API rated energy conserving oils. This will really save you gas. Brands that are easy to find in the Philippines are Caltex Havoline Energy and Royal Purple. I have seen a few others at True Value but dont remember the brand names. Typical viscosity for this type of oils are 5w30 and 10w30.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Wonder Lube - Pinoy Invention