New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Hi Guys.

What's with this Octane Ratings? If you have a Mazda 3, what would you be using? V-Power (95+) or Super Unleaded (93+)

Thanks.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranopti View Post
    Hi Guys.

What's with this Octane Ratings? If you have a Mazda 3, what would you be using? V-Power (95+) or Super Unleaded (93+)

Thanks.
    Try to revisit your manual bro. every car has a different octane rating requirements.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    The octane rating is a measure of the autoignition resistance of gasoline (petrol) and other fuels used in spark-ignition internal combustion engines. It is a measure of anti-detonation of a gasoline or fuel.
    Octane number is the number which gives the percentage, by volume, of iso-octane in a mixture of iso-octane and normal heptane, that would have the same anti-knocking capacity as the fuel which is under consideration.

The octane rating essentially a measure of how well the fuel will compress in preparation for burn in the standard gasoline internal combustion engine and is related to the quality of combustion at average engine temperature and pressure. Iso-octane has an octane rating of 100, by definition. Cars today are designed to have 85 to 95 octane fuel. Since Gasoline is a mixture it's octane rating can be manipulated by changing the relative amounts of its constituants.

HTH.

Click.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    sa civic 06 po? ano po ba dapat octane?

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Whatever the manual states. But the car should be unaffected by lower octane grades, since most Hondas are tuned to run on regular gas.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    kc po nakalagay sa manual e 95 octane, masama b po kung xtra unleaded g2mitin ko? 93 octane lng kasi un. un xcs po ba unleaded un? tnx po sir

7. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    i have a mazda 3 nakalagay sa manual 95, pero i just use shell super premium(93)

i have an 07 outlander nakalagay sa manual 90 lang, but still i use the same fuel...

dont see any difference... hehe

8. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    AFAIK, shell premium is 95 RON (same as V-Power).Some, if not all, vehicles saying 95 ang recommended RON (such as my civic) can take 93+ so long as knocking is not produced. It is possible however, that FC may suffer rather than improve -- so mababalewala din ang natipid sa presyo.

What's with the Octane Rating???