New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

View Poll Results: At what price level do you think gasoline would stabilize at?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll

1 2.56%

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%

3 7.69%

0 0%

0 0%

1 2.56%

0 0%

7 17.95%

1 2.56%

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%

3 7.69%

0 0%

1 2.56%

0 0%

0 0%

5 12.82%

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%

4 10.26%

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%

2 5.13%
  • It's Mad Max time!

11 28.21%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    I overheard a few "high-falooting" businessman blokes yesterday say that oil will stabilize at US$ 160/barrel before the year ends. So my guesstimate is that petrol will stabilize at around Php 75-80 / liter before the year ends.

I pray to God this won't happen.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    ^^You bold enough to SHORT oil??
    haha... maybe... not yet

-----------------------

Pansin ko fed up na ang US consumers sa high gas prices.

Bagsak ang value ng bahay nila, may credit card debt, car payments, mortgage payments, mahal ang pagkain, baka ma-lay off, tapos pataas ng pataas ang gas...

Pigang-piga na ang US consumer.

Even companies like airlines and truckers are hurting coz of high oil price...

So i think umabot na sa point where the US economy is being dragged down by oil price.

Oil traders know this...

there is strong resistance at $135.

3. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    haha... maybe... not yet

-----------------------

Pansin ko fed up na ang US consumers sa high gas prices.

Bagsak ang value ng bahay nila, may credit card debt, car payments, mortgage payments, mahal ang pagkain, baka ma-lay off, tapos pataas ng pataas ang gas...

Pigang-piga na ang US consumer.

Even companies like airlines and truckers are hurting coz of high oil price...

So i think umabot na sa point where the US economy is being dragged down by oil price.

Oil traders know this...

there is strong resistance at $135.

Its not only in the U.S, its worldwide problem. As you read the news this is not only for a one country but whole. Yes its true, that some real state value are down but that doesnt mean broke to the bone. Like my house, I bought this 15 yrs ago for $135,000, year ago the appraised is $545,000. I may loose some of the equity but not the principal and I still make money if I am going to put up in the market but, I wont do that.

Regarding credit card debt, again this is for individual how do you manage your financial surety. Common mistake is a simple math.

Pagkain dito? Mas mura parin, it went up a little by the cents except the gas that almost double.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    ^^ Unfortunately you are not the typical American. The typical American is drowning in debt...

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    i know high oil price is a global problem.

I focused on the US coz the US is the biggest oil consumer.

US oil consumption affects oil price more than any other country in the world.

6. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    ^^ Unfortunately you are not the typical American. The typical American is drowning in debt...
    Been there up to neck that can choke me big time. Learned my lesson well and dont want to go back again.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    it will never stabilize.
    better to re-phrase your question by indicating timeline, e.g. : "what do you think will be the price of gasoline by _____ ?" this way, apple to apple ang comparison ng opinions...
    +2cents...

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    As long as someone can afford oil, the price will keep rising.

The question is not how much the typical Filipino, Asian, American or European is willing to pay. The question is, how much the Chinese and Indian industrialists can afford to pay.

As long as there's a big enough market willing to pay ungodly sums of money for crude oil, then prices will keep going up.

Personally, I think 65, but hell, I won't be surprised if we see 100.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    if oil bubble will not burst at umabot tayo ng P100/liter with the rest of the world

isa lang naiisip ko, may threat sa mundo. maybe near earth collision objects

and the powers that be are desperately raising funds to pool all the world's resources to deal with this problem

nakita nyo ba yun straight line na cloud sa sky natin 2 days ago, grabe ang laki nun ah. that's the biggest i've seen so far. siguro larger than an a Boeing passenger plane ang nag-near miss sa'tin

10. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    kaya i started bike commuting today, from cainta to san juan it took me 40min vs 1hr drive. traffic was horrible at ortigas ext all the way to edsa. then from san juan lrt to work nalang, no fuel burned except calories faster traveling time pa kawawa lang pagumuulan

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
At what price do you think gasoline will stabilize at?