1. Join Date
    Jul 2008

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by daimengrui View Post
    Good luck hypermiling with the following Metro Manila mainstays:

3. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    GH, you forgot the most irritating road hazard of all -- running pedestrians that will have you hitting the brakes every 10 meters or less.
    Last edited by Bogeyman; August 12th, 2008 at 05:54 PM.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    LOL i have no problems, I leave the house 4:30 am, its good to have a 6-3pm shift at work :D

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    LOL i have no problems, I leave the house 4:30 am, its good to have a 6-3pm shift at work :D
    Maybe you are overlooking the obvious fact that having no traffic that early in the morning is the major contributor to your good FC figures.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    And maybe your are overlooking the fact that part of hypermiling techniques is really avoiding traffic from the onset.

Discipline and patience is key. The process has no definite and exact paths to success. It's all about learning to drive more "consciously".

Saying simply it cannot be done when you clearly haven't tried it tells something about your commitment to making it work.

I'll say it's better I tried and see the results myself than whine about my FC without doing anything.

Plus it gives you some sense of accomplishment. Imagine beating the EPA in Metro Manila driving?!

That's an olympic record! LOL

7. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    That's all well and good, but if everyone had the same idea of leaving at 4:30am to hit the road, then hypermiling wouldn't really be as effective.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I'd rather get a few hours more in bed than get up at 4:30am :insomnia:

9. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Not everyone is fortunate enough to have your work schedule, really. Besides, compromising personal safety (groggily taking the wheel at such an early hour) to save a few liters of gas hardly makes sense for many.

The process has no definite and exact paths to success. It's all about learning to drive more "consciously".

Saying simply it cannot be done when you clearly haven't tried it tells something about your commitment to making it work.
    Actually, it's more of having more than just one "definite and exact" path to reducing fuel consumption; hypermiling is just one of them. What works in one country may not necessarily work in others. In my case, I've found that planning my trips in advance, even the daily ones, is a more appropriate fuel-saving technique along with proper tire pressure, regular maintenance and disciplined driving, especially given local traffic conditions.

Stubbornly shoehorning just one method, when there are other practical options you can try, tells something about your commitment to making fuel conservation work.

Oh, and if you're really gung-ho about reducing your carbon footprint on the planet, there's always telecommuting. :D

The What, How and Why's of Hypermiling