New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Believe me, putting 95 octane or better will really be more beneficial for your car. It will run lighter and/or consume less fuel.

By the way, Is SeaOil Extreme 97 octane really better than Blaze and Velocity?

2. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    My boss just bought a 2nd hand Nissan grandeur. According to the cars specs it should only use 95 or higher octane rating. The 1st owner had previously use lower octane gas. After a week or two the car wont start due to clogged fuel lines parang nag solidify yung gas (parang cholesterol nag clog sa veins). I don't know how true but this is the findings of nissan technician who troubleshoot why the car won't start. The worst part was its fuel pump were damaged and have to change it with a new ones. This cost him about 16K pesos. This was confirmed by the nissan casa technician that it was the cause of the malfunction - using low octane gas.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by squala
    Believe me, putting 95 octane or better will really be more beneficial for your car. It will run lighter and/or consume less fuel.

By the way, Is SeaOil Extreme 97 octane really better than Blaze and Velocity?
    Before this was my impression too. But I was disappointed coz it did not meet my expectations that my mileage (km/li) will improve. I use vortex gold (95 octane) before, experimented on shell velocity (95) and blaze (97) but I did not see any improvement on the consumption. Now I shifted to Petron Xtra (93) with fuel saving formula, mas okay pa. 'had improved my fuel economy about 13-14%.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda
    lahat yan unleaded.
    Ah ok. I thought some were leaded. Are they still selling leaded gasonline?

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Out in the boondocks. If you go very far north or south, you'll still see 89 Regular, I THINK. At least, that's what it says on the pumps, but they could be filled with 92 Unleaded by now.

Any gasoline you buy in the metro is unleaded.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    May 2005
    Octane is just one thing to cosinder. Shell,petron,Total,Seaoil,Caltex and etc.
    Put some additive to improve your fuel consumption and engine performance like Shell Better mileage formulation and Petron Xcs this two formulation improves fuel consumption and engine performance.BTW all gas fuel here is lead free since 2000 pa yata coz of the Clean Air act.AFAIK in 2010 our diesel will be cleaner coz of that law.Syempre mas mahal na price /lt.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    It's a shame they locally sell cars that require higher octane fuel. They should have adjusted the settings for the vehicle to accept lower octane. For one thing, 95 octane is not available in some remote areas.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by lancer
    Before this was my impression too. But I was disappointed coz it did not meet my expectations that my mileage (km/li) will improve. I use vortex gold (95 octane) before, experimented on shell velocity (95) and blaze (97) but I did not see any improvement on the consumption. Now I shifted to Petron Xtra (93) with fuel saving formula, mas okay pa. 'had improved my fuel economy about 13-14%.
    Economy improvements vary on a case-to-case basis. Also, you would hardly get to notice any changes if you switch from one fuel to another, because different gasolines will tend to mix up. Try sticking to one particular gasoline for at least a week, then top up with another kind, and so on. Finally, settle for the one you find the best.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Gawa kaya new thread ng mga best and worst gas station? Or meron na neto?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by squala
    Time and time again... this has been proven to be a myth (including people working for fuel companies).

Generally, only high compression engines need high octane fuel. And, believe it or not - low octane fuel has a higher energy content than its high octane counterpart.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Unleaded 95 Octane