New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by silverworx View Post
    Is this ECU tuning sir? By doing this sir what will be the benefits? I've read na bonus or swertihan lang daw na mareduce yung FC?
    do you have any idea how much would it cost?

Yes, the unichip is a programmable piggyback ecu that will adjust your car ecu's original settings. Tuning the unchip, a dyno is required as well as a skilled tuner.

SPEEDLAB offers this service. Benefits is improved FC and increased HP over the entire RPM range as well as potentially improved engine response in some cases (example Lancer EX, the engine has a "dead spot midway the RPM range).

Price of P30,000 includes dyno tuning. Kinda pricey but HP gains can be verified by dyno.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ang mahal pala, :hiya2:
    i thought mga 10-20k, ilang full tank na yan ehehe,,
    Papatune nalang ako pag 5k nalang ehe..

You could purchase a device like the APEXi S-AFC (air flow converter). If you car is compatible, this acts like a simplified unichip device. It adjusts the engine's air intake signals and fools the engine to add more or less fuel at a certain RPM range. Generally this is used to add more power but tuned well, it can also improve fuel consumption when you are not busy flooring the throttle pedal on the floor.

You can buy this device used from car group forums, ads and tuner shops. Then you can also a shop with a dyno (like auto-plus or speedlab) to tune the device for you. You just pay for the dyno tuning time (roughly P5k/hour).
    Last edited by ghosthunter; April 2nd, 2011 at 07:11 PM.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    You could purchase a device like the APEXi S-AFC (air flow converter). If you car is compatible, this acts like a simplified unichip device. It adjusts the engine's air intake signals and fools the engine to add more or less fuel at a certain RPM range. Generally this is used to add more power but tuned well, it can also improve fuel consumption when you are not busy flooring the throttle pedal on the floor.

You can buy this device used from car group forums, ads and tuner shops. Then you can also a shop with a dyno (like auto-plus or speedlab) to tune the device for you. You just pay for the dyno tuning time (roughly P5k/hour).
    I googled it sir, and i saw one at sulit i think it's 10-15k, meron din siya vtec controller for hondas.. I think it's compatible with my ride. How long will the dyno tuning lasts?

add ko lang to:
    http://ecomodder.com/forum/EM-hyperm...ecodriving.php

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I googled it sir, and i saw one at sulit i think it's 10-15k, meron din siya vtec controller for hondas.. I think it's compatible with my ride. How long will the dyno tuning lasts?

add ko lang to:
    http://ecomodder.com/forum/EM-hyperm...ecodriving.php

Unless your car is a Civic with a VTEC engine, you won't be able to use the VTEC option of a V-AFC.

Anyway, used APEXi S-AFC (digital models) should go for only P7k or P8k (used).

Dyno tuning lasts about an hour for the unichip or S-AFC.

Do note that changing gasoline brands and gasoline products WILL affect engine performance. It is measurable on the dyno.
    Last edited by ghosthunter; April 2nd, 2011 at 07:29 PM.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Unless your car is a Civic with a VTEC engine, you won't be able to use the VTEC option of a V-AFC.

Anyway, used APEXi S-AFC (digital models) should go for only P7k or P8k (used).

Dyno tuning lasts about an hour for the unichip or S-AFC.

Do note that changing gasoline brands and gasoline products WILL affect engine performance. It is measurable on the dyno.
    Compared to ecu tuning you can save more money with that. I'll consider that sir, I got a question sir, my thermoswitch of the Radiator was malfunctioning, we ought to connect the aux fan directly, when starting the ignition the aux fan will automatically start, doing this will reduce my FC?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Compared to ecu tuning you can save more money with that. I'll consider that sir, I got a question sir, my thermoswitch of the Radiator was malfunctioning, we ought to connect the aux fan directly, when starting the ignition the aux fan will automatically start, doing this will reduce my FC?

Yes. It can reduce your FC.

During cold starts (like in the morning), the hard wired aux fan will keep your engine cold longer.

A cold engine is usually running richer than normal. So until the engine reaches normal operating temperatures, your engine will consume for fuel than normal.

How much worst FC? Depends on the length of drives you normally do during the day. If you normally have long drives, the difference might not be noticeable. If you have numerous short trips during the day, the drop in FC will be noticeable.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Yes. It can reduce your FC.

During cold starts (like in the morning), the hard wired aux fan will keep your engine cold longer.

A cold engine is usually running richer than normal. So until the engine reaches normal operating temperatures, your engine will consume for fuel than normal.

How much worst FC? Depends on the length of drives you normally do during the day. If you normally have long drives, the difference might not be noticeable. If you have numerous short trips during the day, the drop in FC will be noticeable.
    I really need to change the thermoswitch, i thought connecting it directly is better because of the myth "kontra overheat" ehe..

BTW sir usually nagiging weekend car lang, i just use my car twice or thrice a week, walking distance lang kasi workplace from my apartment..

8. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Starex_Gold View Post
    Nung Xtra unleaded gamit ng kapatid ko sa CR-V niya, mabilis maubos at malakas sa gas.

Nung lumipat sa XCS, tumipid ng konti kaya mas matagal maubos. Tapos mas maganda pa hatak.
    so it means na kapag mas mataas ang octane rating, mas fuel efficient?

9. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Nick View Post
    One more thing to add to this almost complete list.....

Remove your roof rack, especially if you have a basket.

Nice job on compiling the list, though!

Ciao!

Uncle Nick.
    That is under remove excess weight. A lot of things can be done to remove excess weight which includes removing your spare tire for short trips and bringing a tire puncture sealer instead (from around 10++ kilos to 200 grams!). Marami pa like removing ricey decors (body kits with little or no function except decorative), rain guards, heavy or multiple floor mats, too many tool kits, etc.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    30k yung Unichip * Speedlab. It will also increase your HP.
    OT:

But then your whole ICE/vehicle was designed for a certain working range.

Things like the Unichip and other upgrades changes the working condition of your car and will need other upgrades. It's like a header upgrade. If you do that you also need to upgrade your exhaust system. But if you upgrade your exhaust system, you also have to consider the catalytic converter. Etc. etc. The unichip and other so called tuning upgrades only work properly if you upgrade the rest of the system.

You can do these but definitely it will either shorten the life of other components or perform miserably (hence sinayang mo lang pera mo).

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Tips to Save Gas