New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Petron, Shell, and Caltex now offer 91 octane unleaded because it's what the government mandated as the minimum octane possible after the phasing out of "regular" gas (octane 83, only found in provincial diesels). Petron however took a different strategy by keeping both 93 and 91 octane fuel grades.

V-Power Nitro+ is 95 RON, and not 93 as said in previous posts. V-Power Nitro+ Racing is 97 RON.
    I haven't tried Nitro+ Racing, but between V-Power Nitro+ and XCS, I go with the former now.

I don't see the need for Blaze/Nitro+ Racing since it's not like my crummy 4-cylinder econobox can benefit from it.

2. Join Date
    May 2012
    i used to be petron when i got the chance or if i'm on the road and had to refill immediately pero suki ako ng jetti macapagal.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Anyone else having issues with Seaoil lately?

4. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    For gasoline, its Petron or Unioil for me. Diesel, its Unioil.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Shell lang palagi...

Iniiwasan ko na lang now yung gas station nila na nahaluan ako last time ng tubig :boo: :boo: :mad:

6. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    I use Petron. Sa Shell 91 na lang RON ng FS unleaded.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    I just noticed, a lot of people still rely solely on octane to gauge which fuel is better.

A higher octane number does not necessarily mean better performance or fuel economy. It simply means that it has a higher resistance to knocking (premature combustion). If anything, it's possible that the additives of one fuel is better than another, or that the base fuel used is of better quality, but ultimately, it's not all about octane.

Additionally, I also think that a lot of people fall victim to the placebo effect when comparing fuels. It'd be more convincing if it was a single-blind test, wherein the driver doesn't know what fuel is placed in his car. A bit of a hassle though, but worth a try.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    i get better FC when using caltex gold over petron xcs. tsaka mas mainit ang temps ko sa xcs for some reason.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    I use Petron Blaze on our innova because its a weekend/coding car. if i use the regular fuel with ethanol, mabilis "mapanis" yung gas since hindi naman madalas magpa gas yung innova namin.

for my diesel ride, unioil parin.

sa vios naman namin, shell/petron unleaded.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    tska may rebates ako sa Petron.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213
Shell, Petron or Caltex? Ano gamit niyo?