New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Help!

I recently purchased a Sentra 95 SS. I had the MAF and TB checked and the idle adjusted. I filled it up with full tank (~50liters), and to my surprise, I barely got 250km from it. No sudden starts, maintain rpm <= 2k. Minsan, pinapatay ko pa yung aircon. My daily route is Marikina-C5-Makati (Buendia)-Roxas. Idle w/out aircon is 1krpm, w/ aircon is around 1.2krpm.
    I had the idle readjusted to 500-600rpm w/out aircon, pero parang sobrang baba na sya. When i depress on the accelerator pedal, nagdi-dip (bumabagsak) yung rpm before going up. Ano kayang problema?

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    feeling ko.. hindi marunong yung taong nag-adjust ng engine mo.
    and the 500-600 idling rpm is too low, i think.
    why not bring it to the (yikes!) casa or other hi-end shop. your car is an electronic fuel injection model..

3. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Tol, Kadalasan consumption ng Ga16DNE pag city driving ay mga 8 to 9 KM/Liter . Iyong idle air control valve na tinatanong mo kung marumi at ma carbon apektado rin ang idle mo pag naka aircon . Checked mo rin ang sunog ng spark plug mo para malaman mo baka rich ma carbon black ang kulay kaya malakas rin sa gasolina . Kelan ka ba huling nagpalit ng spark plug . Iyong menor masyadong mababa mga 750 to 850 okay hindi bukas ang aircon at impotante sa lahat kung correct ang timing ng engine gamit ang timing light ayon sa specification ng makina sa manual book.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Is that a GA16DE engine? Check first the ignition timing, should be 10 degrees BTDC using a suitable timing light, TPS disconnected. There is an adjustment(potentiometer) of air- fuel mixture at the MAF sensor, but you must have a scan tool to perform this.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I'd suggest having a competent mechanic/shop do the adjustments properly and check if everything (MAF readings, timing, idling) is running up to spec.

Also, isn't filling over 50L to a Sentra tank too much? AFAIK, the tank capacity is 50L already at the most. You could also be filling up at a miscalibrated (or cheating) pump.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Hi I had a 92 sentra super saloon before. last year ko lang binenta.

i was getting around 8 to 10 km/lit. sa tingin ko timing nga and since you bought it 2nd hand maybe palitan mo mga spark plugs, air cleaner and fuel filter. have it check thoroughly sa mechanic. matibay na kotse yan yun

lang dapat well maintained.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by anthon05 View Post

i was getting around 8 to 10 km/lit. sa tingin ko timing nga and since you bought it 2nd hand maybe palitan mo mga spark plugs, air cleaner and fuel filter. have it check thoroughly sa mechanic. matibay na kotse yan yun

yup one of the dark horse ang sentra na ito, underestimated pero talagang matibay ito kailangan lang maintenance.

things to do.

basic tuneup. (change oil, spark plugs, check ignition timing)
    then other things to replace - air filter, fuel filter.

thats all of it, my 2 cents worth.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Can servitek stations do this? Or would I rather go to a Nissan Casa to have this performed? I've read good feedbacks about Nissan Commonwealth.

Quote Originally Posted by nickriingen View Post
    Is that a GA16DE engine? Check first the ignition timing, should be 10 degrees BTDC using a suitable timing light, TPS disconnected. There is an adjustment(potentiometer) of air- fuel mixture at the MAF sensor, but you must have a scan tool to perform this.
    Actually, the 50l is just a rough estimate. When I had my tank filled, the guage was just barely above the "empty" line. I think I filled with 42 liters then. After which, I used the car until the fuel indicator pointed to negative (below the "empty" level). My trip meter indicated ~ 240km.

Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    I'd suggest having a competent mechanic/shop do the adjustments properly and check if everything (MAF readings, timing, idling) is running up to spec.

Also, isn't filling over 50L to a Sentra tank too much? AFAIK, the tank capacity is 50L already at the most. You could also be filling up at a miscalibrated (or cheating) pump.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    I just had four spark plugs replaced, and the air cleaner is still new. Fuel filter, yun ang hindi pa napapalitan.

Do you know of any good shop near marikina/pasig area? One of the reasons why I got this car is because of the reliability of the engine, as compared with the engine of other 1.6 sedans of its generation. Imagine, yung sa bayaw ko, umabot ng 270k km without overhaul. Hindi pa sya maalaga sa sasakyan nyan.

Quote Originally Posted by anthon05 View Post

10. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    i heard good reviews on Speedyfix in mandaluyong. research mo nalang sa web. sa tingin ko mahal sa casa baka magulat ka lang charge sayo.

underrated ang sentra. yung sa akin noon maroon na 92 SS. now tingin ka sa paligid mo marami pa rin original paint pa rin or repainted pero makita mo marami pa rin umaandar. yung mga kasabay niya before na corolla, laspag na mga itsura pati kaha.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Sentra 95 SS - 5km/liter