New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Has anyone tried the "Pure Diesel" that is being marketed by the new oil companies?

I read a write-up on it in the motoring section of Philippine Star last Aug. 29. The highlights of the article are:

• City Oil, Eastern Petroleum, Jetti, SeaOil and UniOil banded together to make this product available to the public now, even before the November implementation of the Clean Air Act provision that requires diesel fuels to have a sulfur content of no more than 0.05
    • Pure Diesel also claims to have a narrower boiling range that prevents over-fueling in the diesel engine and eliminates the trademark black exhaust smoke
    • Has a higher cetane index of 52-53 which improves ignition quality

So what do you guys think? I use SeaOil diesel, but I haven't refilled for this week so I can't comment on the veracity of these claims.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I was gonna reload in Seaoil San Juan but the people there could not confirm if they actuall had the new "pere diesel".

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    It's worth a try. Medyo malayo pa from the finest diesel but at least better than the sludge we use now.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    totoo ba ito?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by OTEP
    It's worth a try. Medyo malayo pa from the finest diesel but at least better than the sludge we use now.
    what are the specs of our current diesel fuel and how do they compare with the specs of the so-called "Pure Diesel"?

if i recall correctly, there was a thread before that tried to determine what the cetane rating and other properties of the big three diesel fuels were, but i don't know if that question ever got answered.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Formula ng diesel now? 50% diesel, 50% tubig ng pasig river. Ninanakaw kasi sa barge, eh. Hehehe.

Mataas ang sulfur ng diesel ngayon. It is good for engines pero bad for humans.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    word around is.. these small gas companies have ties outside wherein they can bring in the so called clean diesel.... shell, and caltex are also going to bring in their clean diesel... and only Petron daw ang magmamanufacture dito... Petron is already in the process of reconfiguring their depot(?), etc to make those clean diesel.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    pure diesel comes from singapore.

correct me if im wrong.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    may mga naka subok na ba?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    probably kasi wala namang refinery ang mga small players...

yong mga bayaw ko, nabiktima na ng diesel na may tubig, shell at petron sa caloocan

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
Pure Diesel